This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

The cold weather is finally here and when it comes to lip products, we all want something hydrating yet wearable as well. Whether it’s for every day wear or for a fun night out, these five lip products fall within a fair price range, and can be purchased at Sephora or Shoppers Drug Mart. 

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss– The colour I’ve been wearing this season is Peony, which is a girly and vibrant hot pink. I love the fact that this gloss is vanilla-scented, hydrating and super pigmented. The gloss is perfectly paired with a matte makeup look and great to wear for date night! 

2. Burt’s Bees Lipstick- This lipstick is moisturizing and long-lasting, perfect for that every day work lipstick. The hot colour this season is Iced Iris, a subtle pink nude that ties every look together. The lipstick is made from 100% natural ingredients and features ingredients such as beeswax, moringa oil and Vitamin E. 

3. Glitter Flip-Ciaté London- This lip-gloss is pure magic. When first applied, the lip gloss dries with a matte finish. The, after waiting for 1 minute, simply smack your lips together and voilà, glittery lips! The colour I have been loving is Candy, a pink-purple shade that is perfect for a girls night out! 

4. NYX Butter Gloss- This gloss is affordable, hydrating and it smells like cupcakes; a win-win! I’ve been switching between the colour Éclair, a bright pink, and Vanilla Crème Pie, more of a mauve pink. These glosses are highly pigmented and are perfect for every day use. 

5. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy- This lip balm is aimed to heal those cracked lips from the cold weather, and its soothing mint flavor makes it that much greater! This can be worn on its own as a simple gloss for running your errands, or paired under your favourite lipstick.

Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!