Pitbull Just Sent His Own Private Plane to Puerto Rico

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

While Donald Trump and most of the US government remains silent on the status of the disaster relief efforts in Puerto Rico, one man isn’t waiting for government approval but is taking action himself. 

Puerto Rico has been without power for several days now, which has had dire consequences for those in hospitals relying on technologies to keep them alive. Two people have already died in San Juan due to the lack of power in the country. 

Pitbull decided to step in and take measures into his own hands, sending his own private plane to Puerto Rico today to retrieve cancer patients in need of care

The rapper remained humble about his efforts, “Thank God we’re blessed to help. Just doing my part.” was all he had to say. 

Pitbull 2020 anyone? 

Emily is a third year student at the University of Guelph studying Environmental Governance and Geographical Information Systems. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of Guelph's Her Campus chapter, which she founded in 2016. She is also an active member of the Environmental Governance Society and a journalist for the Guelph Gryphons. She spends so much time in the ocean she's half mermaid! She loves to scuba dive and surf, and hopes to one day use her degree to create ocean and marine life protection policies. If she's not in the water, she's in the gym. She has a passion for fitness and also plays competitive hockey. Her biggest passion is travel; she's been to over a dozen different countries and even founded her own travel blog where she documents her adventures around the globe. Emily always has a thirst for adventure and never says no to new experiences. Whether its hiking the edge of a mountain or swimming with sharks, she's always ready to tackle adventure head on! Follow Emily around the world: www.airplanesandavocados.com Follow her journey on Instagram: @airplanesandavocados