My First Spray Tan Experience: Get That Glow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

So, this week has been a big one for me. At 21 years old, I got my first spray tan. To be honest, I was very skeptical coming into the experience. I have heard so many horror stories about turning orange or having a blotchy tan.

Naturally, when Get That Glow approached me and asked to do a collaboration I couldn’t resist. Giuliana, the girl behind Get That Glow attended University of Guelph and studied CJPP (Criminal Justice and Public Policy), she did her degree in 5 years because she was working at a spa through school, which really introduced her into the atmosphere of spray tans. She does Get That Glow in addition to an office job, Giuliana says she likes making people feel confident and when she got her fist spray tan she had never felt so sexy in her life. She is not wrong; the confidence that followed my first spray tan was something I had never experienced before.

She started Get That Glow when she didn’t think she could get another job, and once she builds her clientele more she will quit her office job and pursue Get That Glow full time. Giuliana has been tanning for a year, she did her certifications and practiced on friends and family, then slowly started taking clients after that.

Get That Glow is a mobile airbrush tan artist out of Guelph, ON. The line Giuliana uses is used in over 115 countries and is oil free, nut free, gluten free, alcohol free and organic/vegan. The product itself sprays on dry but will feel tacky for the first 30 minutes. You leave the tan on for a minimum of 8 hours while its developing but because it sprays on dry, you wont feel the tan! The tan does stop developing after 8 hours, so if you do not shower right away, it won’t change the outcome of the tan. Giuliana applies the tan herself with a spray gun and she is able to customize a blend that’s perfect for you! The tan will last between 7 and 10 days, depending on how well you care for the tan.

Giuliana sent over an information package prior to the tan including everything I needed to know about pre and post tan! For the purpose of getting the full benefit of this tan, I did purchase all of the recommended products to prolong the tan!

The Process:

Giuliana sets up a backdrop at your location that is about 5ft wide and 5.5ft tall. The backdrop she says is better than the tent because the results using the backdrop as opposed to the tent are a lot more even.

The process takes around 40 minutes – 5 for the set up, 20 for the tan, 10 for drying time and 5 for take down.

My Experience:

I was extremely anxious going into this appointment. There was a fear of being naked in front of a complete stranger as well as coming out of the tan completely orange as I do have very naturally pale skin. But, the actual process of being tanned was so fun and Giuliana was amazing! She made me feel so comfortable and walked me through the entire process.

When she finished spraying me, the results were amazing. The tan did not come out streaky at all and I was not orange. I had the perfect tan. I did wear underwear to see the tan lines post tan and that made me instantly confident. For the first time in my life, I have a tan and it feels amazing! I slept in the treatment and it did not leak on my sheets at all, and when I showered in the morning it washed off perfectly and looks amazing. I cannot wait to get another one!

Let Giuliana know Her Campus sent you to get $5 off your tan! Pricing and info below!

Pricing:

Original 8hr solution: $35

Rapid 2-4 hour solution: $45

Monthly spray tan package: $100 per month (Unlimited tans, usually 1 per week)

Travel fee: There is no fee if you live within 15km but she does charge .50c per km outside of that.

Find Get That Glow here to book your appointment!

Instagram 

Call/Text 416-702-2883 

Carly is in fifth year at Univeristy of Guelph studying English and Family and Child Studies. Carly has a passion for writing, travelling and family. When Carly isn't writing for Her Campus or studying you can find her playing guitar, with friends or somewhere around the globe! Follow her on Instagram @carlyholmstead