emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career > Money

Holiday Gifts on a Student Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Shopping for the holidays can be tough when you’re a broke student. You want to get your friends and family a thoughtful gift, but you also need to be able to afford groceries for the rest of the month. Gift shopping doesn’t have to break the bank! Here are five gift ideas that are cute, affordable, and fit your budget. We won’t judge you if you buy a couple things for yourself as well.

1. Candle

Who doesn’t love getting a new candle? Candles are the perfect way to make your home smell and feel like the holidays.

Spicy Pepperberry and Spurce Candle, Yankee Candles, $15.99

2. Bath bomb

Bath bombs look pretty, smell great, and provide some much-needed relaxation during the stress of exam season.

Snow Fairy Bath Bomb, Lush, $7.95

3. Reading socks

Fuzzy socks are great for the winter, but have you ever heard of reading socks? They’re warm, cozy, and perfect for those late nights spent studying in your room.

Reading Socks, Indigo, $24.15

4. Stationary

The upcoming school year is probably the last thing on your mind during the holidays, but you can make it a little bit less painful with some cute stationary to write on.

Kate Spade 2018 Planner, Indigo, $29.00

5. Makeup sampler

On a student budget, the best idea for a makeup lover is a sample kit. They’ll get to try out a bunch of new products without breaking the bank.

Smashbox Try-it Kit, Sephora, $28.00

Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!