5 Reasons Why the Best Way to Travel is With Your Family

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Fortunately for me, I have been able to travel quite a bit in the last couple of years. I’ve experienced all-inclusive vacations, fast paced sightseeing and a three-day trip with friends and still, my favorite way to travel is with my three siblings and parents. Travelling is such an amazing opportunity, being able to experience such different cultures and sights is the biggest blessing, in my opinion. So here are five reasons why travelling with your family will make for the best vacation possible.

1. It’s a great way to get your whole family in one place at one time

If you have a big family you understand the struggle of trying to get the entire family together for dinner or even just to have a chat with everyone there, which makes  a family vacation the perfect opportunity to get some much needed, quality time. Travelling with your family makes for a stress free environment to catch up and get that dinner your mom has probably been asking for. 

2. The memories you make will last a lifetime

Family is forever – the trips you take with your family, the memories you make, those will be with you forever. Your family isn’t going anywhere, so luckily for you, they will always also remember the amazing trip you took and all the memories you made!

3. It’ll be a pretty low maintenance trip…

You don’t have to worry about hurting anyone’s feelings if you decide to head back to the hotel early and call it a night, or if there is a sight you want to see that no one else does. Your family will ensure that the trip is fun for all of you. You have a comfort level with your family that you don’t have with anyone else, making it easier to adapt to the culture!

4. You’ll meet people from all over the world

On the past three all-inclusive vacations my family has been on, we have met some amazing families. I find the trips I’ve taken with friends have been more consumed with the people you are travelling with as opposed to meeting new ones. Thankfully, I have had the chance to meet some amazing friends and lucky for me, my brother is very outgoing and helps making new friends even easier.

5. They will always have your back

No matter what happens on the trip, your family will take care of you. Sometimes when travelling to new places and being put into new cultures, its difficult to adjust, especially coming from a place like Canada. Your parents will always make sure you’re safe while having an enjoyable vacation. I feel so protected and protected travelling to new countries when I have five of my family members there to protect me.

Carly is in fifth year at Univeristy of Guelph studying English and Family and Child Studies. Carly has a passion for writing, travelling and family. When Carly isn't writing for Her Campus or studying you can find her playing guitar, with friends or somewhere around the globe! Follow her on Instagram @carlyholmstead 
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!