mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Bikini Brands to Check Out This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

With summer just around the corner, it’s time to find some new bikinis to rock at the beach.

I’m an absolute bikini hoarder – I have way too many bikinis, but I just can’t stop buying them; I’m obsessed! In saying that, I’m also pretty picky when it comes to bikinis. I do a lot of diving and active stuff at the beach so I need bikinis that are cute, but still functional, and more importantly, supportive so nothing comes popping out when I jump into the ocean. 

After lots of trial and error, I’ve narrowed down my favorite bikini brands that offer cute and functional styles for all body types.

1. BoutineLA

BoutineLA has a variety of top and bottom cuts in solid colorful prints, but they’re most famous for their cheeky thong bottoms. 

2. Peace of Paradise Creations 

I absolutely love this company! They’re based in Hawaii, aka my favourite place on earth, and all their pieces are entirely customizable and many are even reversible! 

3. Missguided

Missguided not only has incredibly cute clothes, but their swimwear is on par with some high-end brands and it costs a fraction of the price! 

4. Roxy

Roxy is a go to staple for me. Their suits are made for surfing so I know they’re going to be supportive and functional while still being incredibly cute! 

5. Kira Swim

I’ve just discovered this brand and am in love with their simple design and high waisted bottoms that are so on trend right now! 

Emily is a third year student at the University of Guelph studying Environmental Governance and Geographical Information Systems. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of Guelph's Her Campus chapter, which she founded in 2016. She is also an active member of the Environmental Governance Society and a journalist for the Guelph Gryphons. She spends so much time in the ocean she's half mermaid! She loves to scuba dive and surf, and hopes to one day use her degree to create ocean and marine life protection policies. If she's not in the water, she's in the gym. She has a passion for fitness and also plays competitive hockey. Her biggest passion is travel; she's been to over a dozen different countries and even founded her own travel blog where she documents her adventures around the globe. Emily always has a thirst for adventure and never says no to new experiences. Whether its hiking the edge of a mountain or swimming with sharks, she's always ready to tackle adventure head on! Follow Emily around the world: www.airplanesandavocados.com Follow her journey on Instagram: @airplanesandavocados