This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Classes are back in session and whether you’re a new college student or getting ready to graduate, most of us tend to have concerns with each new semester. Whether you are worried about your class load or just hoping to pass that class you hear is super tough, each of us have our own set of concerns. College is hard, but it also such a great time in your life. If you are looking to have a great semester, here are some tips that will help you have a less stressful semester and keep you productive as the weeks go by.

1. Set Goals

Want to accomplish something semester? Set a goal with a plan on how you’ll reach it. Want to make an A in that class? Plan out what actions you’ll take to reach that goal. Want to make morning workouts part of your daily routine? Plan out how you’ll motivate yourself to get up and hit the gym before class. Setting goals, along with a plan of action, will help you accomplish everything you want this semester.

2. Don’t Cram for Tests or Exams

Take some time and study a little every day. Go over class notes each day to help the information stick. If simply reading over your notes won’t help, make flashcards or rewrite your notes. If you type out your notes while in class, try writing them by hand. It is a proven fact that if you write information down, you remember it better. If you must have typed notes, maybe type them out after class. Find a system that works for you and stick to it! Study a little each day and you won’t have to pull that all-nighter the night before the test.

3. Make Your Health a Priority

It is so easier to grab a bite to eat every day, but opt for cooking meals at home. It is healthier and cooking can be fun! If you have to go out, make healthy choices. Make working out a part of your daily routine. Cassey Ho, a pilates instructor, is the creator of Blogilates. On her site, you can find monthly workout plans, which you can unlock simply by signing up for her e-mail newsletters. All the videos are on YouTube and you can do everything in your dorm room. You can also utilize Georgia State’s gym, which is already paid for in your fees every semester. Remember that being healthy is important, but it is totally fine to have a rest day or go out for pizza or drinks every now and then! Balance is key.

4. Schedule Time for Yourself

Trying to keep up with classes, organizations, work, and your social life is tough. As college students, we tend to have lots of responsibilities and we sometimes forget to schedule some time just for ourselves. Make time to take a break and do something that makes you happy. Go on a run, read a book, take a nap, watch a movie on Netflix, or do whatever makes you happy and will allow you to relax.

I currently work with iHeartMedia in digital content and on-air, and run a lifestyle blog. I am a first-generation college graduate with degrees in journalism and film media from Georgia State University. In college, I served as a production assistant for GSUTV; senior editor, social media coordinator and staff writer at Her Campus Georgia State (an online magazine for college women); Vice President of Communications for the Gamma Sigma chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi; and interned with The Adam Bomb Show (a nationally-syndicated night radio show) and The Bert Show (a nationally-syndicated morning radio show). I also secured a spot at Cox Media Group's Day in the Life program, where I presented a presentation to Cox Media and AJC executives on how to increase the AJC's digital audience. I am a member of the Alpha Omicron Pi Women's Fraternity, Society of Professional Journalists, the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Order of Omega Honor Society, and the Atlanta Press Club. I also run a lifestyle blog that I started in 2015 where I talk about beauty, college, relationships, health, and just navigating life. You can join my little internet family here: www.amandadalvarado.com
The GSU chapter of Her Campus