Summer Makeup Must-Haves for Those Summer Plans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Summer time is all about fresh and cool makeup looks. Heavy makeup products can be really hard to wear in the summer heat. These are some of my products that I recommend using for summer time! 

1. Colourpop’s ultra glossy lipsticks

1. The glossy lip look is perfect for summer. Lip glosses tend to be lightweight, which for the summer time heat is almost essential. Also, the wonderful thing about gloss is there are so many varieties. You can get a gloss that’s clear for when you want a brush of something shiny on your lips for pool days or you can get a more pigmented gloss for date nights.

2. Colourpop’s ultra blotted and blotted lipsticks

1. Blotted lips are in trend right now, especially with summer coming up. Blotted lipsticks give you that I-just-had-a-popsicle look without the messiness of a popsicle. If you are into more of a matte finish of a lipstick rather than a gloss, blotted lipsticks are the way to go. The other good thing about blotted lipsticks is that you can build up the color as you please.

3. E.L.F. Mad for Matte palettes 1 & 2

1. The summertime heat also calls for lightweight eyeshadows, which for me would be matte shadows. Matte shadows can be as intense or not intense as you’d like. If you want something you can build up the pigmentation on so that it won’t sweat off your face, I suggest the E.L.F. Mad for Matte palettes. The first palette is more cool-toned and the second palette is more warm-toned, depending on your preference. Pair these palettes with a glossy lip and you’re ready to take on the heat!

4. Milani Rose Powder Blush

1. A pink or orange blush are perfect for summer time if you want a brush of color on your cheeks. Orange blushes tend to give you a more sun kissed look while pink blushes tend to give you more of that classic blush look. Either way, I feel like summer time is the perfect time to explore new blushes. A matte blush is especially great this time of year, because you don’t want it to budge while you’re sweating in 100-degree heat.

5. Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer

1. Bronzer is one of the classic summertime makeup must-haves, which is why I had to include it. It gives you that sun kissed glow that makeup gurus constantly talk about. If you aren’t going to the beach, use a bronzer to make it look like you just got back. Use bronzer as contour too, if you’re used to using cool-toned contours. Summertime is all about experimenting with warm tones and bronzers!

Hopefully your summer will be the best ever, and with these products you won’t be sweating off all your makeup!

The GSU chapter of Her Campus