Steps To Make Adulting Less Stressful!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Adulting can be hard, especially when you are on your own. No more mom and dad doing things for you or giving you money. You have to do everything on your own, “that includes shopping, cleaning, and cooking.” With adulting comes all the responsibilities that your parents use to have, which can be stressful, but you have to learn how to handle it and not let the stress get to you. Having stress is not healthy for your mental or physical, so here are some ways you can reduce your stress levels.

Set a routine that works for you

The hardest part of adulting is finding something that works for you. At first, you might not get the hang of a schedule and you will have to try again. You will have to take it step-by-step, so you can figure out what works best for you. Do not expect to have a set regimen within one week. A planner or calendar can help you with creating a comfortable pattern. You can buy those things from your local store, or use the Google calendar or notes on your phone since you probably never leave anywhere without your phone. Make sure to put everything you plan to do on your schedule even if you have just been put on the work schedule that week happens to pop up.

Live your best life!

Don’t put too much weight on your shoulders. If you cannot handle a lot at once, let go of something so you can go at your own pace. You want to pace yourself that way you will have less stress. If you need help just ask somebody, your friends, parents or siblings. Never be afraid or too proud to ask people for help because that can ease your load and help you set a pattern. Live your life for yourself only and nobody else, so do not worry about not living up to other people standards. Your sanity and standards are the only ones that should matter to you.

Celebrate yourself!

Acknowledge your successes, you worked hard so you should be proud of yourself. Celebrate every win you have because you deserve it. If you focus more on the positive than the negative that can help keep the stress away. Treat yourself to a night by yourself or with friends. You could also treat yourself with something you always wanted to buy yourself or by just making time for yourself to soak up your accomplishments. If you use these tips, you will feel the stress melt away.

Image sources

The GSU chapter of Her Campus