This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

It’s finally here. Rihanna has been dropping hints for a while now about her new beauty line Fenty Beauty, and it finally launched Friday, September 8,2017 at midnight EST. The brand has been gaining hype all over the internet, so I took a trip to Sephora to give you guys a breakdown on all the products.

Pro Filt’r Primer

The primer is described as an “instant retouch primer” on the Fenty Beauty website. It is light peach in color, and is supposed to make your makeup last longer. Each bottle retails for $32.

Pro Filt’r Foundation

So Rihanna has geared this line towards diversity, meaning there are 40 different shades of foundation, ranging from very light to dark. The shades come in a variety of undertones including: pink, red, and yellow. It is described as a “soft matte longwear foundation.” Each bottle retails for $34.

Match Stix

These shimmer concealer sticks come in 20 shades. These shades also range from very light to dark. The Match Stix are very pigmented and have a smooth, creamy consistency. The Fenty Beauty website describes it as a “longwear, light-as-air matte formula to conceal, correct, and contour.” Each Match Stix is magnetized for convenient storage. Each stick retails for $25.

Match Stix Trio

In this set comes three Match Stix designed to give you all the shades needed to conceal, contour, and highlight in one box. There are 4 different pre-made sets, however you do have the option to customize your own. Each set retails for $54.

Killawatt Highlighters

Next to the foundation, this is one of the most anticipated products, and definitely one of Rihanna’s favorites. These highlighters are a shimmer, cream-powder formula and very pigmented. There are 6 different compacts. The shades are Trophy Wife, Metal Moon, Lightning Fire/ Dust Crystal, Mean Money/Hustla Baby, Girl Next Door/ Chic Phreak, and Ginger Binge/ Moscow Mule. Trust me, Trophy Wife is even more beautiful in person. Each highlighter retails for $34.

Gloss Bomb

The Fenty Beauty website says “ Rihanna was obsessed with creating the perfect gloss that makes you want to put it on over and over again.” It only comes in one shade, which is a like a copper-nude shade. The gloss is very thick, but requires at least two coats to really showcase the color. Each tube retails for $18.

Invisimatte Blotting Powder

Like the lip gloss, this blotting powder comes in only one shade. The Fenty Beauty website describes it as “a universal blotting powder that absorbs shine and diffuses the look of pores for an instant fitted fly look.” It comes in a cream colored shade. Each compact retails for 32.

Full Bodied Foundation Brush and Cheek-Hugging Highlight Brush

Rihanna has accompanied the makeup line with these two brushes, one for foundation and one for highlight. The foundation brush is a medium density brush designed to “give you the quick coverage of  a flat paddle brush plus the seamless blending on an airbrush.” It also also designed not to soak up all of the product into the brush. The highlighter brush is an angled brush that is modeled after a shark tooth. Rihanna said she “instantly fell in love with all the unexpected angles that let you highlight in unique ways.” Both brushes have very soft bristles and come in a powder pink color. The Full Bodied Foundation Brush retails for $34 and the Cheek-Hugging Highlight Brush retails for $32.

Precision Makeup Sponge

The Fenty Beauty Website describes this as a “3-sided, latex-free makeup sponge perfect for applying and  blending all formulas.” The sponge has a round side and two angled sides to allow for those hard to reach places. The texture of  the sponge is soft, but not too soft to soak up all the product. Each sponge retails for $16.

Portable Brushes

There a three types of portable brushes in this line: the Portable Contour and Concealer Brush, the Portable highlighter Brush, and the Portable Touch Up Brush. Each brush is retractable as well as magnetized, for better storage. The brushes were designed for quick, on-the-go application or touching up. Each brush retails for $24.

Invisimatte Blotting Paper

To finish off the line, Rihanna has created a blotting paper that comes in a sleek, chic design. It looks like a tube of lipstick, and it has a built in mirror for convenience. It was designed to get rid of the oily spots on-the-go. Each tube retails for $16.

The Fenty Beauty line does have a lot of uniquely-designed products for a wide range of skin tones. Although they aren’t drug-store prices, they aren’t too outrageous for the quality of the products. All of the makeup is 100% cruelty-free and inclusive of so many more people than most high end brands. Rihanna has created in her first line what other companies have taken decades to make  half  of, which is a diverse makeup line. Even if you’re not that interested in makeup, stop by and see what all the buzz about!

The Fenty Beauty line is available for purchase at https://www.fentybeauty.com/ as well as your local Sephora. All information comes from the Fenty Beauty website, pictures by Dobbin Johnson.

My name is Dobbin Johnson is a sophomore af Georgia State University. She is a proud Alabama girl with a love for family, friends, and all things southern. Dobbin wants to go on to own her own non profit organization and news network.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus