Netflix Shows to Watch to Save Your Social Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

I am the only person in the world who has not seen Stranger Things. I know that it’s only eight episodes and I’m sure it is strangely addicting!

I am still drowning in The Vampire Diaries, reminiscing Ross and Rachel’s break with Friends, and watched the first season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt over the summer.

To save you from any embarrassing lulls in conversation or the eye-bulging response, “WHAT?! You haven’t seen it,” I’ve compiled a list of shows you need to watch/catch up on in order to save your social status.

Stranger Things

Probably the number one thing you should binge-watch, if you choose to take on the task. With only one season containing eight episodes, and a second on its way, Stranger Things has taken over Netflix and everyone’s lives. Each 45-minute episode contains supernatural, heart-racing drama that makes you wonder why people are into this terrifying thriller, which is most likely due to its Stephen King influence.

Narcos

Based on a true story, Narcos covers Colombian drug cartels and the excitingly violent hysteria surrounding it. There’s two seasons with ten episodes per season. Not only could you watch this show to enhance your social life, but you can also turn the subtitles on and learn a little Spanish, too. Added bonus: if you’re taking a Spanish class now, technically you’d be studying.

Orange is the New Black

Everyone’s favorite group Halloween costume was inspired by this show, as well as the semi-glorification of prison, so I’ve heard. Within the four seasons, you spend an hour on an emotional rollercoaster ride. Between the heated emotions and heated sex scenes, why not watch Donna from That 70s Show survive in prison?

American Horror Story

Although I’ve been told that you do not need to watch the previous seasons to understand the current season, American Horror Story keeps popping out seasons like a rabbit pops out babies. The fifth season premiered this past Wednesday, September 14, and it was incredible. First, Cuba Gooding Jr.’s booty steals the show only five-minutes in. If an hour of terrifying, edge-of-your-seat entertainment is your thing, catch up on all of the AHS seasons and hardcore impress your friends.

Gilmore Girls

This is simply for everyone’s refreshment and forever ‘Throwback-Thursdays.’ Gilmore Girls is gracing us with an eighth season and it will be magical. Why not revisit your favorite characters in the lovely Connecticut town of Stars Hollow? Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life will premiere Friday, November 25 on Netflix to showcase what the crew has been up to in four, 90-minute episodes.

Non-Stereotypical Sorority Girl // Professional Dog Walker // Queen of Carpool Karaoke // Coffee Aficionado 
The GSU chapter of Her Campus