Meet the Homecoming Candidates: Adriann Stinson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Name: Adriann Marie Stinson

Graduation Date: May 2018

Area of Study: Criminal Justice

Homecoming Court Candidacy: Miss. Georgia State University

What or who encouraged you to run for homecoming court?

I believe that my motivation to always strive to be the best me I can be, and wanting something that was out of my comfort zone motivated me to run for homecoming. I just stepped out on faith and believed that if it was meant for me that it will all work out.

Why this particular title, what makes it special?

The title Ms. Georgia State University is special because I would be able to represent the entire student body, and I will have the opportunity to use my title to positively influence and inspire others.

On this potential platform (alongside the others you may hold) what do you want to address or bring more attention to?

Georgia State is one of the most diverse institutions in the nation and I would want to use my platform to bring together the student body and not only embrace our diversity but also share our unity as GSU panthers, to create a more inclusive atmosphere.

What is something that you want the student body at GSU to know about you?

I want the student body to know that one of my favorite things to do is meet new people, so do not feel afraid to say hello.

What impact do you want to leave at Georgia State University?

I would like to show students to never allow self-doubt to stop you from obtaining your goals. It may be a challenge to get there but it only makes the end goal more rewarding.

*speed round*

What is your favorite food?

Mexican food

Best movie you have seen in the last year?

Moana

Who is your best friend?

Keyera Ashe, since fifth grade

Greatest memory at GSU?

Meeting my New Student Orientation coordinator, Chauncey Walker. She has positively impacted my life more than she can imagine.

One item you could have with you if you were stuck on an island?

CranMango Juice 

**All images courtesy of Adriann Stinson**

Cydney Maria (Rhines) is a creative writer, journalist and photographer located in Atlanta, Ga. She is currently a student at Georgia State University studying journalism and english. She coins her brand as something curated beautifully for those who may not feel that beauty. Her main focus is mental health, social issues, digital design and of course the beauty of black girl magic. Her main goal is to constantly write creative content that fills a need. She is currently published accross multiple platforms and looks to continue her current level of work after she graduates from GSU. Check this creative out!
The GSU chapter of Her Campus