This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

If you haven’t heard of her brand, been to one of her Teen Vogue parties, or followed her life via Snapchat when she interned for Nylon Magazine this summer, you are missing out and need to catch up! This cutie has done an amazing job incorporating her style, brand, and passion for fashion magazine, all while spreading positivity and helping others make their dream come true. Meet Maricia!

Name: Maricia Josephs

Year: Senior

Major: Journalism

Hometown: Queens, NY

Relationship Status: Single

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, Reading, Fashion, Graphic Design, Trying New Foods, Going to Concerts

Her Campus: Why did you choose GSU?

Maricia Josephs: I chose GSU because out of all the colleges in Georgia, it reminded me of the city the most. The people and the atmosphere give me a taste of home. Being from New York, the south is so different in my eyes and I needed some kind of city aspect. GSU gives me that.

HC: What are your plans after graduation?

MJ: After graduation I plan on working for a major fashion publication, freelancing and growing my brand, Musings of Krav into a major digital destination.

HC: What is your dream job?

MJ: Good question. I’d have to say my dream job is working for myself with my brand. It used to be to be working for a major fashion magazine and in many ways, it still is. But, ideally I want to be the woman writing as a journalist, inspiring women to go full force with their dreams and extending opportunities to others. I want to provide the means and support for others to cultivate and execute their goals. 

HC: How has your experience been with working in the magazine industry while you’re still in school?

MJ: It has been amazing. I’ve been blessed to be able to do both. Working in the magazine industry while still in school has not only allowed me to really develop as professional but it has also allowed me to see the inner workings of the industry early enough to find my true passions within that realm. I’ve been able to, in a way, perfect my skills because I know first hand the literal blood, sweat and tears that go into making the publications that people flip through each month. I never thought it was glamorous, however, I’ve learned the hard work it takes to create a magazine. It has also prepared me mentally and physically because the hours are long, especially in the fashion department!

HC: Tell us about MusingsofKrav.com

MJ: I created MusingsofKrav.com in 2011 when I discovered there was a void in professional but youthful content created by millennials.  Musings of Krav’s purpose is to help inspire others on their career journey as I navigate my own. The goal is to open the hearts and minds of women in a way that influences them to experience all life has to offer, especially when it comes to their own dreams and goals—but to do it with style. This is achieved through the specially curated interviews with leading professionals, career advice, intern stories, fashion + beauty articles and internships presented on the platform. I care about the steps young women are taking to success and we pride ourselves in being the unique push that they need.

HC: How do you manage school, your website, and other positions you’ve had? 

MJ: How? Well I’m really still trying to figure that out. It’s not easy and sometimes I’m overwhelmed with so much work that I want to shed a tear, but honestly my planners and my Google calendar save my life. I have two planners, one for work and then one for school. I have to schedule everything to stay focused and get it all done because if not, there will be a lot of confusion. In addition to that, what helps me manage everything is my passion. My passion gives me fuel and the motivation to take on all of what I do.

HC: What is your favorite thing about fashion?

MJ: It’s art—art that you can wear, alter and move in. I love that I can show or hide my emotions with what I wear. It’s really the only way I truly express myself, especially as of late. Every designer and stylist uses the human body as a canvas and that’s pretty amazing to me.

HC: Describe your style in three words:

MJ: Classic, (slightly) edgy and glamorous.

Quick Quiz!

• Celebrity crush? Right now, Bill Skarsgård
  • Favorite tv show or netflix show? Hemlock Grove
  • Heels or flats? Flats
  • Favorite designer? Azede Jean-Pierre
Ashley Drayton is an alumna of Georgia State University, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism. Since being involved with Her Campus, she was co-founder and president of the GSU chapter, former chapter advisor of 5-8 college chapters, and wrote as a national contributing writer. Her dream job/career is to become a top writer, editor, blogger.