andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Make The Most of Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

After turning in countless assignments and surviving months of dragging yourself out of bed for those dreaded 8 a.m. classes, Thanksgiving break serves as a well-deserved vacation for all college students. However, the week away from school is more than just a time to feast on food that tastes a million times better than the dining hall. It’s an opportunity to relax, recharge, and prepare for the end of fall semester. Make the most of your Thanksgiving break this year with the help of these tips:

1. Take time for yourself. 

Image credit: The Atlantic

Let’s be real…school is stressful. Trying to meet deadlines all semester while attempting to stay sane can take a lot out of you, which is why you should utilize Thanksgiving break to rest and indulge in some much needed “me time.” Whether it’s a spa day or simply staying in and watching your favorite movies, you deserve to treat yourself for all your hard work this Fall.

2. Get ahead on assignments. 

Image credit: Vanderbilt News

No one wants to be stressed during the last few weeks of the semester, so make it easier on yourself by getting a head start on your to-do list. If you have a major project or essay due the week you get back from break, start working on it while you’re back home.

3. Reconnect with your inner circle.

Image credit: UNCF

Many of us aren’t lucky enough to attend college with our besties and attending different universities can easily lead to a disconnect among friendships. Use this time off from school to catch up with your old friends. Chatting on FaceTime for a bit or meeting up for a bite to eat is a great way to keep your bond strong with your girls.

4. Plan for the upcoming semester.

Image credit: Black Enterprise

Be proactive and productive during the break by preparing for the spring semester. Map out your class schedule, if you haven’t already. Scout out internships and apply for scholarships. Starting preparation early will ensure your next school term is the best yet.

Olivia Hancock is currently an undergraduate Journalism student at Georgia State University. She has over four years of experience in the editorial and social media field. Her written work covers lifestyle, entertainment, fashion, and beauty related topics. I have been published on platforms including PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT, Her Campus, 21Ninety, The Life Currency, and xoNecole. Most recently, she joined the Atlanta-based One Music Fest editorial team and Colour Beauty Inc's social media team as an intern. She now serves as the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus GSU chapter.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus