Happy International Women’s Day! So lets Talk Lupita, Shall We?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Heyyy Lupita! Okay, as many of us know, it is Woman’s History month! So let’s spend this lovely month giving all the love and appreciation to the women we love most and the ones who inspire us to stand proud in our womanhood. So to kick it off…happy belated birthday to the gorgeous Lupita Nyong’O, who started us off nice and bold on March 1st. Boy do we envy the Pisces gang for being able to claim this one. Shout out to her for having the flawless skin of a 5 year old at the age of 35.

Source

With the performance that she gave us in Black Panther, it’s fair to say that she has women and young girls alike and around the world standing bold and proud in their womanhood as warriors. Often times when women do this, society tends to believe it stems from some bitterness towards men. However, in this film we see the imagery of what it’s really about. Men and women embracing what one another have to bring to the table.

Source

In an interview with ABC news when asked about the significance of the women in the film protecting themselves and the men in this film, Lupita responds, “it’s a real lesson for the real world. The feminist struggle is not a struggle to strip men of their power. It is a struggle for equality, for us to be able to realize our own”.

Source

Well Said Lupita!! 

The GSU chapter of Her Campus