This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Spotlight programs sponsored  the 2016 Greek Showcase, which was titled “Stomp the Yard,” and hosted by comedian, Jay Dukes on Saturday. The event started at 7 pm and fourteen groups performed in Step, Stroll, and Lip Sync categories and also included special performances. Jay Dukes kept the crowd entertained all night. The event lasted about three hours, but the energy was upbeat and lively, so most people were very entertained and energetic all evening.

The event began with a special performance by Kids Dance 411. The group of children were so talented and a great way to start the show. The fourteen Greek organizations that participated in the event were Delta Phi Lambda, Alpha Omicron Pi, Zeta Phi Beta, Alpha Xi Delta, Lambda Theta Alpha, Delta Zeta, Omega Psi Phi, Sigma Sigma Rho, Delta Phi Omega, Alpha Kappa Alpha, Theta Nu Xi, Zeta Tau Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, and Phi Beta Sigma.

Halfway through the event, Georgia State University alum, Zip K, performed. There was a dance competition among five people to win a ticket to see Future here at Georgia State in April and while the judges tallied up the results, P2 and QSS performed a step routine.

While all fourteen Greek organizations who participated in this year’s Greek Showcase had great performances, three organizations came out on top and left as winners of the 2016 Georgia State Greek Showcase.

Alpha Xi Delta won in their category, Lip Sync.

Omega Psi Phi won in their category, Stroll

Alpha Kappa Alpha were the big winners of the night. The ladies won their category, Step, Crowd Favorite, and Overall Winner.

I currently work with iHeartMedia in digital content and on-air, and run a lifestyle blog. I am a first-generation college graduate with degrees in journalism and film media from Georgia State University. In college, I served as a production assistant for GSUTV; senior editor, social media coordinator and staff writer at Her Campus Georgia State (an online magazine for college women); Vice President of Communications for the Gamma Sigma chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi; and interned with The Adam Bomb Show (a nationally-syndicated night radio show) and The Bert Show (a nationally-syndicated morning radio show). I also secured a spot at Cox Media Group's Day in the Life program, where I presented a presentation to Cox Media and AJC executives on how to increase the AJC's digital audience. I am a member of the Alpha Omicron Pi Women's Fraternity, Society of Professional Journalists, the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Order of Omega Honor Society, and the Atlanta Press Club. I also run a lifestyle blog that I started in 2015 where I talk about beauty, college, relationships, health, and just navigating life. You can join my little internet family here: www.amandadalvarado.com
The GSU chapter of Her Campus