Congrats Fall 2017 Graduates!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Krystal Caliyah Douglas

@krystalcaliyah Instagram

Degree of Study: English (major) ; Psychology (minor)

Student Involvement: Her Campus GSU *woot woot* (President 15-17), College Curls (Marketing Director 16-17), Spotlight Programs Board (Concerts Committee 13-14)

Community Involvement: Previously done marketing for God Is Dope (2016), Soul food Cypher Intern (13-14), Raurfest Weekend (2016)

Carolyn Burns

IG: @carolynburns93

Area of Study: Accounting Involvement: Sigma Alpha Omega, GACFE, GSCPA Saint Aidan’s Episcopal Church

Jordan Wynn

IG: Heartlesschulo /Iam_djthirsttrap

Area of Study: Interdisciplinary Studies/Concentration Learning Technology & Counseling

2017/2018 Vice President (B.L.A.C.K)

Local DJ for Georgia State University student led events.

Stephanie Edgecombe

Stephanie will be receiving a Bachelors of Arts in psychology with a minor in hospitality administration. During her time at State she was on the Traditions Committee for Spotlight Programs Board, served as Director of Operations and Vice President of College Curls and an active member of Softer Touch. Stephanie was also involved in community service, which led to being a most notable mentor for Elite Sisterhood. Post grad she plans to pursue a Masters in social work and become a medical social worker. Advice to freshman: “Trust the process and put your faith in God because when He’s on your side, nothing shall be impossible.”

Amanda Alvarado

Area of Study: Journalism, Film Media

Involvement: Staff Writer, Social Media Coordinator and Senior Editor for Her Campus GSU; Vice President of Communications for Alpha Omicron Pi

Atlanta Press Club, Society of Professional Journalists, National Association of Hispanic Journalist

Intern at The Bert Show and Cumulus Media; Participated in Cox Media’s Day In The Life Program 

Whitney Henley

IG: Michelle2Shortt

Area of Study: Computer Information Systems

Spotlight Live Entertainment, Women in Technology VP of Membership, Delta Sigma Pi Fall ’16 Initiate

Pajama Program, Books for Africa, Odyssey Shelter, & Campus Cleanup 

Honor Society and National Society of Leadership and Success

Arielle Melville

IG: @aribreezyy

-B.A. in Political Science with a concentration in International Affairs

-B.A. in Spanish with a concentration in International Business 

-President of the Caribbean Student Association 2016-2017

-President of the Spanish Club 2015-2016

-Global Ambassador (Summer Institute Program 2017)

-V.I.S.A. Leader (International Students Orientation 2016)

-Miss Congeniality – Miss International Pageant 2016

-Studied abroad in Japan

-Plans to attend Grad School Fall 2018 to pursue my Master’s/PhD in International Relations

-Thankful to Georgia State University for the opportunities to step out of my comfort zone and challenge myself.

Miyori Holliman

IG: sohumblemiyori_

Dual Major and 2 Certificates 

1) Managerial Science Degree (Concentration in HR)

2) Marketing Degree

Certificates: 

1) Sales 

2) Hoot suite Certification- Social Media Marketing Medium 

National Society of Leadership and Success-  Honor’s Induction

Infinite Appeal (Makeup Director 2014-2015)

Spotlight Live Entertainment: (Member 2016-2017) SELF: Student’s Expressing Life Through Fashion (Vice President 2016-2017)

American Marketing Association

Morgan Harden

Morgan will be receiving her Bachelor’s of Arts in Sociology. During her time at State she served as Vice President of Softer Touch, Secretary of Urban Uplift and as a member of the Zeta Phi Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated. Morgan was heavily involved in many community service organizations. She credits her favorite community service opportunity as working hand and hand with Softer Touch’s Elite Sisterhood opportunity. Her advice to freshman and current college students is: “When you are at your lowest point just remember the only way from down is up. Remain humble, claim it as yours and prepare for the blessings.”

We hate to see you leave, but we know that you all will be off to do great things GSU grads! It was amazing to get to know some of you and we know that we wil lall cross paths again in the future. Good luck on your future endeavors panthers!

Cydney Maria (Rhines) is a creative writer, journalist and photographer located in Atlanta, Ga. She is currently a student at Georgia State University studying journalism and english. She coins her brand as something curated beautifully for those who may not feel that beauty. Her main focus is mental health, social issues, digital design and of course the beauty of black girl magic. Her main goal is to constantly write creative content that fills a need. She is currently published accross multiple platforms and looks to continue her current level of work after she graduates from GSU. Check this creative out!