pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Ways to Stay Focused At The End of The Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

It’s that time of the year again. Spring break has just ended and summer is right around the corner and we just can’t seem to stay focused. We are all guilty of procrastination and for some reason, knowing that there are only a few weeks of school left gets us thinking about everything but our classes. Try some of these tips to help you finish your semester strong:

1. To-do list: Making a to-do list is a great way to stay on top of your tasks and assignments. Having a physical representation of your productivity can help you stay motivated to finish. Cross out each task as you make your way down the list and you’ll be finished in no time.

2Avoid distractions: Social media can be very distracting. Sometimes, we make social media a priority without even realizing it. An easy way to avoid being distracted is to turn off your notifications or sign out of your social media accounts. By doing so, your attention will be redirected to your assignments.

3. Study groups: Study groups are a great way to ensure productivity. Being surrounded by people with a shared responsibility can also help motivate you. Study groups are great for sharing notes, developing new study techniques, and helping each other understand the material.

4. Aromatherapy: If you are still having trouble focusing, try some aromatherapy to help you stay on track. Aromatherapy is the use of plant-derived aromatic oils to achieve benefits ranging from reduced anxiety to concentration and stress relief. Some great essential oil blends specifically for concentration include, peppermint, eucalyptus, and rosemary.

5. Self Care: The end of the semester can get overwhelming and stressful at times. Be sure to take some time to relax and treat yourself. Rewarding yourself with a treat after a long week of studying will help motivate you to complete your tasks.

Staying focused can be difficult during this time, but the most important thing is to keep your end goal in mind. Always remember that it will be worth it and you’ll be one step closer to your goals.

Diana MO graduated from Georgia State University with a B.A. in English, Rhetoric and Composition and a Certificate in French. She loves traveling, writing, and seeking out new adventures. As an advocate for wellness and healthy living, she also enjoys spending her free time hiking, exercising, and practicing mindfulness through yoga and meditation. Diana currently lives in Cannes, France, where she teaches English.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus