4 Things to Remember to Keep You Sane During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

The week is only 5 days

Source

You may be stressed about finals, but only for five more days. You’re already stressed, so no need to give up. That will only make the stress worse. Continue to power through the week as it will not last long at all. If you need motivation to persevere, think about the freedom that is awaiting you over the summer. It will all be over before you know it so embrace that stress and come out a winner.

The hardest thing to do is start

Source

You know you’ve got to study, but you physically can’t. Everyone is exhausted by finals week. But know this is a mental trick and you envision your tasks being harder than they actually are. Start. Once you start, it’ll be over before you know it. If your responsibilities are stressing you out, confront them. The only way to complete your tasks is to start. So start now and feel the stress escape your body.

Either you know it or you don’t

Source

After you’ve studied, there’s nothing else to do except take the test. Make sure you study as extensively as you can so you don’t regret the time you didn’t spend on a certain topic as you take the test. If there is something on the test that you are completely blank on, oh well. Either you know it or you don’t. If you don’t, eliminate the answers you know aren’t right and make an educated guess. Don’t waste time on a lost cause so you aren’t discouraged about the rest of the test. Brush it off and come back at the end if you can. If you cant, don’t stress. It’s already over.

Sleep: go big or go to bed

Source

Too much or too little sleep is bad for anyone. It is recommended that you get the 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night. If you can’t follow this schedule normally, just remember it is only one week. You will not miss out on anything but your sanity. But if you really can’t sleep because of your workload, go big. If you are going to sacrifice your sleep, make sure you actually finish that assignment. Don’t stay up then fall asleep halfway through your assignment. You will sleep and wake with that stress doubled. This week, go big, and get your work done while you’re up, or go to bed on time.

Georgia State University c/o 2021
The GSU chapter of Her Campus