This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Let’s stow away our winter coats, tuck away those umbrellas, and spring into the Atlanta festival season! Atlanta’s annual festivals are more than just food and fun, it’s also a great time to break out your spring fashion.Take a look at our festival style guide for ways to incorporate the latest spring trends in your festival attire!

APRIL

Atlanta Dogwood Festival 4/10-4/12 at Piedmont Park

In celebration of the blooming trees, the Dogwood Festival showcases art exhibitions, live performances, and delicious food. As one of the largest festivals in the southeast, this is one you don’t want to miss! Embrace the floral festivities with a trendy, print, culottes jumpsuit. Off set vintage floral patterns with a neutral fold-over clutch and wedge sandal.

Georgia Renaissance Festival 4/18-6/7 in Fairburn GA

Join the Medieval flair at this event accompanied by period costumes, jousting tournaments, acrobats, jugglers and much more. Explore the 32-acre artisans market and experience the many arts and craft demos. Take a few shillings from your fringed chain link messenger bag and enjoy a turkey leg in a long sleeved lace top, tweed shorts and heeled sandals.

Inman Park Festival 4/24-4/26 in the historic Inman Park neighborhood

Celebrate the beauty of one of Atlanta’s oldest neighborhoods and take a tour of the stunning Victorian homes of the 1800s. Peruse through the local art street market in an earth-toned kimono sleeved blouse, distressed skinnies, and round sunnies.  

Sweetwater 420 Fest 4/17-4/19 at Centennial Olympic Park

The Sweetwater 420 Fest is more than just a time to enjoy spirits. In addition to the annual 5k race, this year’s fest will feature musical performances from headliners such as Snoop Dogg, 311, Thievery Corporation, Stoopid Moe, Primus, Cage the Elephant and many more! Visit www.sweetwater420fest.com to check out the lineups and purchase your wristbands. Get your groove on in a festive off shoulder crop top, high waisted wide-leg denim, and a mini satchel that meets the festival size requirement.

MAY

Atlanta Caribbean Carnival 5/23 in Metro Atlanta

Express your colorful Caribbean spirit in a pair of paisley print shorts, racer back crop top and embellished heeled sandal. Support the various Atlanta patrons producing events to raise awareness of the various Caribbean art forms and promote diversity and art education in the community. Sashay your way through the Parade of Bands and be sure to catch the performances at the Festival Village!

Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 5/28-5/31 at participating locations

Embrace your inner foodie and spend the weekend indulging in exquisite Southern cuisine with friends at one of the 250+ restaurants. Invite a special someone to attend one of the 90+ cooking classes being offered, or opt to slip on a deep red maxi dress, strappy snake gladiator sandals and a felt floppy hat for Sunday brunch. Visit www.atlfoodandwinefestival.com to purchase tickets and plan your exclusive food and wine tasting weekend.

Atlanta Jazz Festival 5/22-5/24 at Piedmont Park

Throughout the month of May venues across metro Atlanta showcase musical acts from jazz legends to up-and-coming jazz greats. The festival concludes over Memorial Weekend with a three day concert in the park. Jump in to a modern color blocked playsuit and tassel front sandals and swing into the Charleston `a la Josephine Baker at this free weekend celebration.

Decatur Arts Festival 5/23-5/24 in Downtown Decatur

Sway through Downtown Decatur in a raw edge denim top, suede shorts, and snake skin espadrilles experience the continuous musical performances, art walk, food and drink, and much more!

For more information on all of Atlanta’s annual festivals visit www.atlanta.net/events/festivals/spring

Gabrielle Alexander is a Senior at Georgia State University majoring in Journalism with a concentration in Public Relations and minoring in Sociology. She is originally from sunny Los Angeles but has accepted Atlanta as her second home. In addition to sketching everything her vivid imagination comes up with, she loves to write in her journal, travel to new places and eat incredible food.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus