Moments Every College Freshman Can Relate To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Freshman year of college can have plenty of confusing, stressful, and fun times! Here are some that I’m sure any freshman can relate too.

1. Not having any idea where you are on the first day of classes and being too scared to ask for directions.

Then quietly backing out of the classroom after 20 minutes when you come to the conclusion that you cannot actually be signed up for a 400 level calculus class.

2. Forgetting that laundry is a thing you actually have to do and realizing you have no wearable clothes left.

How gross would it actually be if I wore these leggings a ninth time?

3. Trying to make new friends – AWKWARD

You’ve probably experienced every icebreaker under the sun at this point.

4. Then finding your best friends

You know they’re going to be there when it gets real.

5. Relaxing for a few weeks, having a great time… then suddenly having a million assignments all due at once

It’s not that bad… ok this is really bad.

6. Going out and forgetting you have an assignment due at midnight

Maybe if I dance intensely enough, the sweat will hide my tears.

7. Contemplating dropping out after your first exam

You might have studied for six hours. You might have not studied at all. But nothing can prepare you for the emotional instability that comes with college exams.

8. Realizing that “Freshman 15” is a very real thing

I really don’t understand how this happened. Like, yeah, I ate a whole pizza by myself yesterday but I also walked to class, so that cancels out right?

9. Going home for the first time and wanting to cry when you see your mom

Wow, she’s really a lit human being.

10. …and getting sick without your mom and actually crying

This is how I die.

11. Realizing you survived your freshman year and you can pretty much handle anything college throws at you from now on

‘Nuff said!