Meet Our Sister Chapter Team: Kaela Busse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

It was so exciting to get to know my fellow Her Campus editor from Arizona State University – Kaela Busse! Kaela is a freshman from Apache Junction, Arizona. Here’s a little bit about her!

Fast Facts

Major/Minor: If I am being completely honest I have already switched my major 3 times, and am now leaning more towards Political Science and Philosophy.

Wise Words: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou. I included this quote in the speech I gave at my high school graduation, and it is my absolute favorite.  

Best Binge-Watch: The Carrie Diaries (even though there were only two seasons)

Bucket List Item: Publish a book!

Last Book You Read (not for school): One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez

Song Currently on Repeat: “Hard Feelings/Loveless” by Lorde 

Two Truths & a Lie:

1. I am an only child.

2. I was rejected from 12 colleges.

3. I am a vegetarian. 

Scroll to the bottom to find out the answer!

Celebrity Crush: Theo James!

Last Movie You Saw in Theaters: Honestly, it was probably more than six months ago, so I have no idea.

A Little More About Kaela

Why did you decide to go to ASU?

I did not get into my top school. I had applied early decision and was then deferred to the spring round and was later rejected. However, everything happens for a reason, and I truly believe the universe brought me to ASU because there is more in store for me here than there ever could have been at the other school. 

Tell me about your favorite thing about ASU.

I really like the city of Tempe as a whole. I also like how at ASU there is so much flexibility with the classes you can take and how much is offered to the students.

How did you get involved in HC?

I became friends with the girl across the hall from me and she told me she wanted to put the ASU chapter of Her Campus back together and now she’s the Campus Correspondent and I’m her Senior Editor. 

Tell me what you love about HC ASU.

I love being able to write and share my opinions and thoughts on the campus and being able to reach people I wouldn’t have been able to otherwise.

Tell me something about ASU that someone who doesn’t go there wouldn’t know.

ASU is NOT ONLY A PARTY SCHOOL! I can’t explain this enough. If you want to focus entirely on yourself and your education you can and ASU is a great place to do so, and if you want to get involved in the party scene and Greek life you can also do that. You truly have the choice at ASU for determining the course of your education. 

What do you hope to do post-graduation? Do you have a dream job?

I want to go to Law School in Chicago! I don’t have a dream job at the moment but I want to work with people and have a positive impact on their lives!

It has been so fun to get to know the HC ASU Executive Board a little better these last couple of weeks. Check out their Instagram story this week (@hercampusasu), because your HC Gonzaga team will be taking it over! Also head over to ASU’s page to read a little of what their team has published!

Answer to Two Truths and a Lie: Kaela is not an only child!

Portland native with a passion for people & words.