Meet GU Dance Marathon leader, Diana Carrillo!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Meet Diana Carrillo, one of the most spirited and dedicated Zags on campus! Her smile and welcoming heart can easily make a bad day a great one, and her uplifting personality makes her a natural born leader, especially when it comes to this year’s Gonzaga University Dance Marathon (GUDM).  Always wanting to help others, especially young children, Diana has proven to be an amazing asset to the GUDM team. Read more to see why Diana Carrillo is a girl you should get to know!

Age/Year: 20, Sophomore

Hometown: San Jose, CA

Major: Psychology, Minor: Business

Favorite TV Show: Bob’s Burgers

Dream Job: To work with children with disabilities

Favorite Insta filter: Valencia

Perfect Pizza: Hawaiian (aka THE BEST)

My favorite thing about Gonzaga is the atmosphere! Gonzaga is very inviting and I truly feel that I am at home when I am on campus.

What is GUDM?

Dance Marathon is a nationwide event which supports children’s hospitals throughout the nation.  The event is run entirely by the student population that participates, raising and donating 100% of the funds.

Gonzaga University’s Dance Marathon is an event that has been recognized by the majority of Gonzaga’s student body in support of our local children’s hospital, Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital.  On February 11th, the student body will come together to celebrate the accomplishments the participants and leaders have made towards raising funds for the kids. Dancing, games, and live entertainment are included in the fun and excitement of the event.  Even some of the children and their families Gonzaga has helped will be there to celebrate!

What made you want to take on a leadership role in GUDM?

I attended the GU Dance Marathon last year and it was one of the most enjoyable events of my freshman experience. This year, I not only wanted to participate, but take initiative towards the goals that the Dance Marathon works towards.  This event is important to me because I have always had a dream of being able to help the children who need it in my community. It is such a great feeling for me to know that our efforts in fundraising are solely for the little ones who have no voice.  I hope that this event can show the kids that there are always people in the world who care for them and support them, even if they are total strangers.

If you would like to support this year’s GUDM, click HERE to donate and help Diana reach her goal, or go on Facebook.com/gudancemarathon to see how you can get involved!