This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

As convenient as the Hemmingson Starbucks is, at times I feel like I need something new–a change of environment. I’m always looking for new ways to get off campus and new events to attend. Scrolling through Facebook, an event caught my eye. This Saturday, March 4th, is the Grand Opening for Verge Coffee Co., an event that will be happening all day! The company describes themselves as a “new wave coffee establishment,” and if that doesn’t sound hipster to you, I’m not sure what will. 

If you’ve been reading Her Campus Gonzaga for a while, you’re sure to have read the article reviewing all of the coffee shops in Spokane. If you haven’t read that, you can find it here and then go out and explore the greater Spokane area to find your new favorite study spot. If you’re looking for somewhere new, try Verge, located only 15 minutes from campus. 

After looking at the menu and the company’s instagram, (@vergecoffeeco) there’s a diverse selection of items to try. They serve the classic americano, latte, and cappuccino. It also appears that there are new drinks to try, like the Habanero Cherry Mocha, and if that doesn’t sell you on the place…they have Avocado Toast. What more could you want in a coffee shop? 

Give it a try and let us know what you think! 

lover of peonies, john f. kennedy, & hip hop music