photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Its Time to Give Thanks!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

With the holiday season fast approaching and Thanksgiving finally within reach, I thought it would be appropriate to share some of the things in my life that I’m thankful for.

I am thankful for:

Friends who…

• Take me on fun adventures (p.s. thanks for not making me walk everywhere)
  • Bring me to their house for the weekend, show me their world and how they grew up
  • Are always there for me when I need support or advice
  • Send me cute care-packages with too many dessert items

Roommates who…

• Stay home on a Friday night to watch 10 Things I Hate About You with me (even when they fall asleep halfway through the movie)
  • Pay for my pizza at Blaze because they still have $500 Bulldog Bucks left in the middle of November
  • Always show me cute puppy/kitten videos (or any funny video for that matter)
  • Gossip & complain about guys with me

Coffee that…

• Warms my hands when it’s freezing cold outside
  • Is always Instagram worthy
  • Helps me stay awake long enough to finish the essay I procrastinated on (again)
  • Is made by a cute barista who isn’t afraid to strike up a conversation

Music that…

• Speaks to me when I need it the most
  • Makes me want to dance and sing along 
  • Brings people and friends together 
  • Has a meaningful & deep music video to accompany it 

Parents and family members who…

• Send me Halloween candy because they know its not socially acceptable for college students to go trick or treating
  • Always show their love – even when a significant number of miles separates us
  • Send me handwritten cards and post cards in the mail just because 
  • Text me pictures of my 7 month-old puppy that I miss so much!
  • Talk me through “adult things” like how to fill out my voter’s ballot and how to get a stain out of my favorite shirt

So even if your GPA isn’t as high as you would like, or that cute guy in your 9am STILL hasn’t asked you out, I bet you still have quite a few things to be thankful for. Give thanks this holiday season!

Kristen Jost

Gonzaga '19

Kristen is a senior at Gonzaga University studying a communication and promotion. She is a social media coordinator for her chapter as well as an executive board member and founding member. After college, she hopes to travel before settling down to work for a marketing firm that specializes in sports and higher education branding. Her hobbies include: watching sporting events, wandering around book stores, drinking too much coffee, discovering new places, and staying active outdoors.