This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Since we are at the beginning of the semester, classes haven’t picked up to their full workload yet and everyone is still getting in the groove of things. Therefore, you may have extra time to go around and explore Spokane! Below are some of the fun (whether well-known or not so well known) places in Spokane that are easy to get to and from!

1. Riverfront Park – Great place to hang out with friends and family! So many cool places and fun activities such as dining, shopping, watching movies and more!

photo

2. Manito Park and Botanical Gardens – Beautiful scenery in the summer, winter, fall and spring! You can go here to take amazing pictures, or even have a picnic with your friends. Whatever you decide to do, you will love to hang here!

photo

3. John Finch Arboretum – This is an absolutely gorgeous park with gardens galore! Just like Manito, this is a well-known area for picture taking! Many people also love to go on walks or exploring the area.

photo

4. “Red Wagon” Downtown – The red wagon has been a famous Spokane landmark for years! Relive your childhood and take a trip down the slide. Also being downtown, this attraction draws in a large crowd. The area holds a lot to see and has a lot to do!

photo

5. Hugo’s Bowling Alley – Personally one of my favorite things to do is go bowling! Hugo’s is located on the South Hill and they offer food, games, and of course… bowling! Makes for a fun evening out with friends!

photo

6. Cliff Park – Cliff Park is a lot of fun especially at night because it looks out over the downtown Spokane area! There are a ton of lights to see and it is absolutely breathtaking. One of my favorite things to do is get ice cream, go to the Cliff lookout and then listen to music with friends!

photo

7. Wonderland Center – So much fun! This is like a mini theme park that is fun to go to with friends. You can go just to go-cart or play some games and it isn’t as expensive as you would think!

photo

8. Get Air – This trampoline park is a ton of fun! Just recently has this place been becoming more popular because many Gonzaga students have been finding out about it, so why not check it out yourself?

photo

9. Bowl and Pitcher Park – A great place to go hiking whether the weather is colder or warm! Beautiful scenery and a great place to go hangout with friends.

photo

10. The Scoop – Ice cream? Coffee? Food? Snacks? This place has it all! Located on the South Hill, this little shop has many options for food and drink and are also very good at working with those who have food allergies and other dietary restrictions.

photo

As Zags, Spokane is our home, so get out and explore it!