sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Decorating for Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Fall is a fun time for all of us, especially when it comes to decorating for Halloween! Some people consider October 1st as the start of Halloween, so since we are now into October, here are some great idea on how to decorate for Halloween!

Door Decorations:

• Use toilet paper to “wrap” your door to create a mummy! Use large drawn paper circle for eyes.
  • Use paper circles and black string to create spiders with dangly legs.
  • Cover your door in white paper and draw a huge skeleton on the door.
  • Cut out paper bats and tape them all over the door.

https://heyletsmakestuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Halloween-Ping-Pong-Ball-Lights-4-768×513.jpg

Lighting:

• Cover the lighting fixture with small cut outs of decorations! This can leave a shadow and is cute for dorm rooms.
  • Buy a bunch of orange ping pong balls, cut a small x in them, and push Christmas light inside. Then draw with a black sharpie some pumpkin faces! Viola, Halloween lights!

Other decorations:

• Use an empty milk jug and put lights inside. Draw pumpkin carving faces into them with sharpies.
  • Blow up a balloon, and tie closed. Use white string dipped in Mod Podge, and wrap the balloons in it. Once they dry, pop the balloon! And poof, you have hanging spider webs!

Everyone needs some Halloween spirit, so go out and decorate to your heart’s desire!