This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

Welcome to April!

As the weather warms up and the flowers start blooming, look out for some of the dance performances which are being put on by Gonzaga’s Academic Dance Program!

Student Choreography Concert

April 12th (Thursday) and 13th (Friday) at 7:30pm in the Magnuson Theater.

$5 for all seats.

Come see some amazing dances choreographed by students here on campus! These choreographers have spent all semester teaching their company a dance of their own creation. It can be hard to put a self-choreographed piece on stage for people to see, so make sure to go support these amazing student choreographers! This event sold out last year, so make sure to get your tickets early. It is a great event and I highly recommend going – get a group of friends together and spend an evening enjoying the arts and supporting your peers!

Spring Dance Concert

April 26th (Thursday), 27th (Friday), and 28th (Saturday) at 7:30pm in the Magnuson Theater. 

April 28th (Saturday) at 2:00pm in the Magnuson Theater.

$10 for all tickets. 

This event is put on by the Dance Faculty here at Gonzaga University. The dances are choreographed by the faculty and performed by the academic dance classes, and the lighting design is also done by students! These students spend the semester learning and perfecting these dances with the help of the amazing dance faculty here. There are a variety of styles including ballet, jazz, musical theater, and modern! This is an amazing dance concert and is well worth it to spend the evening enjoying a variety of styles. Gather your friends and come support the dance program!

These are some amazing dance events put on by your university’s dance program. Make sure to get your tickets ahead of time, you don’t want to miss out! I have had the honor of being able to perform in these concerts in past years, and there are more than a few Her Campus team members who will be preforming this year as well! Make sure you come and catch them in action!

Purchase your tickets here.