The 5 Stages of Cutting Your Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gonzaga chapter.

1) You Want Something New

It’s time for a change!  Whether you just finished the school year, had a tough breakup, or whatever it is, you feel like it’s time to do something bold and different. It will be fun and exciting!

2) Searching, and Searching, and Searching 

You spend hours for the next couple of days searching for that perfect haircut you want. Do you want a new color? How short should you cut it? Will that even look good on me? There are so many questions you ask yourself before the final cut.

3) A Girl Walks Into a Salon…

It’s the big day! It’s time to get your haircut. You walk in 100% prepared, with the picture of your desires cut in hand. Now all you have to do is sit back, relax, and hope your hairdresser doesn’t slip when she’s cutting your hair.

EVERY GIRL’S BIGGEST FEAR

4) Immediate Regret

In most cases, this is true. You might be watching your hairdresser dry, curl, and style your hair, and get really really nervous. This is where you’ll start to wonder why you wanted to cut your hair in the first place.

5) Happily Ever After

Now that you’re on the town with your new ‘do, you’re starting to fall in love with it. Everyone is complimenting you and you feel like a new woman. Nothing is more of a confidence boost then a haircut!