Should You Write for Her Campus?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Making a commitment to anything can be a difficult decision. So, here are a few questions to help you figure out if you should join Her Campus – specifically as a writer, although some of the questions may overlap with other positions.

Image via Pexels

1. Do you like to write?

If you don’t then this probably isn’t the best position to choose, but if you do then you’re in luck!

2. Do you like to write about many different things?

In Her Campus, you’re not restricted by a particular theme that you have to stick to the entire time. You can write about whatever strikes your fancy whether it’s sports or news, or DIY, or reviews, or advice, or anything else!

3. Do you enjoy working on an independent schedule?

There are requirements that you have to meet, but how you meet them is up to you.

Image via Pexels

4. Do you enjoy working with others?

Collaborative articles are some of the most fun. Write with a friend or someone new. The best part is that you can do this as much or as little as you want! 

5. And, finally, when are you going to join?

Email gettysburg@hercampus.com to get all the specifics of how to join as a writer or any other position(s) (Public Relations or Social Media) that suit your fancy.

Cover Image via Pexels

Zoe Philippou

Gettysburg '20

(she/her) From Arizona, Zoe is officially a Psychology and Anthropology double major, a German minor, and an unofficial a Theater inhabitor. She loves all thing having to do with culture or really just people in general. She's also a huge nerd who loves crafts.