This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Name: Nadine Snyder

Year: First Year

Hometown: Walnut Creek, California

Major/Minor: Environmental Studies, Public Policy

Activities: Gettysburg College Dems, College Democrats of America, Her Campus, El Centro

Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff

Her Campus Position/s: Writer and Secretary

HC: If you could go on a date with any actor/actress, who would you go with and what would you do?

Nadine: I would want to go on a date with Trevor Noah (he’s a talk show host, but I think he counts), and he would give me a tour of his home in South Africa and tell me about his life and his views on present-day politics.

HC: If you could meet your favorite author in any city in the world, who would you meet and where?

Nadine: I would meet Laura Ingalls Wilder (she’s dead, but it would be so interesting to meet her) in San Francisco because I could show her around and try to prevent her from being too overwhelmed by a big city.

HC: If you could appear in the upcoming sequel (real or not) to any movie, what movie would it be?

Nadine: I would appear in How to Train Your Dragon 3 (I’d be transformed into an animated character) because it would be awesome to ride a dragon.

*This HC writer would also love to ride a dragon, specifically, Toothless

HC: What is your favorite thing you have received in a survival kit?

Nadine: My Erin Condren planner is awesome. I use it to write down every important (or not so important, haha) thing going on in my life.

HC: What is your favorite part of Her Campus?

Nadine: My favorite part of Her Campus is that it gives me a platform to share my views and allows other women to do the same.

HC: What 3 book characters would you want to be stranded on a deserted island with?

Nadine: I would want to be stranded with Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables because she would be a very interesting person to talk to and would find beauty in the situation; Annabeth Chase from the Percy Jackson series because she would find a way to get us off the island; and Jane Eyre because she’s such an independent and strong woman.

HC: What is your favorite Gettysburg tradition?

I haven’t experienced all the Gettysburg College traditions yet, but so far my favorite has been Servo Thanksgiving. It was hilarious watching my friends try to carve a turkey!

*Can confirm as an upperclassman who has seen all the traditions that Servo Thanksgiving is tough to beat

HC: If it were up to you, and money weren’t an issue, what artist would you want to perform at Springfest?

Nadine: I would want Childish Gambino to perform at Springfest, and I’d want him to perform songs off “Because of the Internet” not off “Awaken my Love”.

English Education major at Gettysburg College. My friends hate me for correcting their grammar, but I know they secretly appreciate it.