This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Image via author

One of the dining halls on campus is open. You know it serves food. And they say they put their menu online. The menu always says “TBA.”

The college has a radio station. You know several people who work there. You want to listen to it, but it’s just silence.

You always hear about Intramural sports, but you’ve never met someone who went to a game.

The Glatfelter bell chimes the hour. You look at the classroom clock. It’s only the thirty.

The mailbox next to yours has been slowly filling up with mail. It’s still there on the last day of the semester.

Your friend transferred at the end of last semester. His birthday is coming up, so you ask some mutual friends if they want to get a present together. They don’t remember him.

Rebekah Grimes

Gettysburg '20

Originally from Southern California, Rebekah is a senior History major and Classics minor (And former Co-Campus Correspondent) at Gettysburg College. She loves the theater, electroswing, unique teas, the Fallout franchise, red lipstick, DMing Dungeons and Dragons campaigns, experimenting in the kitchen, her partner, and is working on her first novel. She has interned at Gettysburg National Military Park and at the Seminary Ridge Museum as a Brian C. Pohanka Fellow. She is also a Ravenclaw! You can check out her chapter's profile on her here!
Zoe Philippou

Gettysburg '20

(she/her) From Arizona, Zoe is officially a Psychology and Anthropology double major, a German minor, and an unofficial a Theater inhabitor. She loves all thing having to do with culture or really just people in general. She's also a huge nerd who loves crafts.