Fratting As Told by My Math Professor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

This week, I was given topics to think about when writing my next Her Campus article. Keeping the success of my last article in mind, I looked over my options while thinking, “what light and interesting topic can successfully contrast the heavy issue of homelessness“? There was one answer…fratting. Rather than taking a normal approach and writing about fratting from my own experience, or lack thereof, I brainstormed some ideas for an eye catching article and decided that “Fratting As Told By My Math Professor” would work best. While the Professor chose to remain anonymous, their personal experiences with Greek life, sexual assault, drinking waaaaay too much, and having “a ton of good times” is nothing short of important.

So, what exactly did they say?

Do: 

• Eat lots of food before you drink
  • Wear appropriate shoes
  • Surround yourself with good friends who you trust
  • Bring your own drinks, food, and clothes

Don’t:

• Don’t drink the punch
  • Don’t go alone
  • Don’t be afraid to leave
  • Don’t lose track of how much you drink
  • Don’t take drinks from strangers

More importantly, from the view of a Professor, college 2.0 is a lot less fun when you’re the teacher. While fratting certainly is a necessary evil, my math professor would like to remind you all that campus does have other great resources for a fun night out, and that responsible choices are your main priority. Here’s to many great parties and even better decisions!

Kyra Pfeiffer

Gettysburg '21

Kyra is a future English major entering her freshman year at Gettysburg College, where she will participate in intramural sports and a variety of clubs. Originating from Taylor, Pennsylvania, Kyra is fond of small-town culture, as well as using pinky promises as a legitimate foundation of trust, and late night taco bell runs.