Eyebrows: The Holy Grail (A Guide & Chart to How These Face-Caterpillars Can Give You the Power to Slay the Day)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

In the words of William Shakespeare, “God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.”  Hamlet may have said this in the midst of dissing Ophelia, but this quote can also be attributed to the power each of us holds in our makeup brushes to transform our face shape and style.  

Whether your go-to look is the “no-makeup makeup” or sharp lines of contour slicing your cheekbones, you have the ability to transform your style by focussing only on one feature of your face:  the eyebrows.

Your eyebrows are the lines that frame your face.  Think of your eyebrows as you think of a scarf:  they can both be styled in so many different ways and completely change your look!  There are various tools and tips that you can utilize to create your own personal style!

Use this chart as a reference to help decide what kind of look you want to sport today.  You can change it up as much or as little as you want.  Do what makes you feel the most beautiful!  
Katherine Cramer is an Economics and Public Policy double major at Gettysburg College. She is the Secretary for the Class of 2020 as well as the senator for her dorm hall and the Student Senate representative for Her Campus at Gettysburg and the pre law club. On top of her academics and extracurriculars, she enjoys playing violin in the Sunderman Conservatory Orchestra on campus.
Juliette Sebock, Founder: Jules founded the Gettysburg College chapter of Her Campus in Fall 2015 and served as Campus Correspondent until graduating in Spring 2018. Juliette graduated from Gettysburg College in 2018 with an English major and History/Civil War Era Studies/Public History triple minors. In addition to HC, she was a member of the Spring 2017 class of Advanced Studies in England and of various organizations including Eta Sigma Phi, Dance Ensemble, and Poetry Circle. She has published a poetry chapbook titled Mistakes Were Made, available on Amazon and Goodreads, and she has poems forthcoming in several literary magazines. She is also the editor-in-chief of Nightingale & Sparrow Magazine and runs the lifestyle blog, For the Sake of Good Taste. For more information, visit https://juliettesebock.com.