element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Gift Ideas for Writers Under $25

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

1. Button Poetry Chapbooks- $9-16.00

These books are filled with the amazing work of some of Button’s best poets and are always a great gift to receive. The books “My New American Best Friend”, by Olivia Gatwood, and “Depression and Other Magic Tricks”, by Sabrina Benaim, are currently in the final round of the Goodread’s competition for Best Poetry of 2017. If you are unsure which books to purchase, some of my personal favorite poets are Sierra DeMulder, Neil Hilborn, Olivia Gatwood, Sabrina Benaim, and Melissa Lozada Oliva. The books are also on sale at the moment so it’s definitely worth checking out!

2. Leather Journal– $9.59

I have an unnecessarily large collection of journals that I have bought over the years, but this is the one that I always end up using. The simple elegance of the design and the convenience of the magnetic clasp is definitely superior to most other journals in this price range.

3. Emily Dickinson Poem Necklace– $25.00

This delicate necklace allows you to wear the beautiful words of Emily Dickinson around your neck. 

4. Writer’s Mug– $17.95

This mug has one of my personal favorite quotes about writing printed on it, and it could be used for a variety of things. The mug could be used for drinking coffee, as a pencil holder, or as a paper weight on your desk.

5. Procrastination Pencils– $6.56

These fun pencils come with all of your procrastination related excuses pre-inscribed so that you don’t have to waste any more time coming up with them!

6. Prose Before Hoes Tee– $17.09

This shirt helps you make it clear to everyone where your priorities lie.

7. Writer’s Block Journal–  $12.56

Every writer knows what it’s like to stare at a blank page and not have any idea what they want to write or where they are going with a story. This quirky journal will help relieve some of that frustration and make you laugh. 

8.  Jane Austen Quote Socks– $8.00

Keep yourself warm by wearing a pair of socks with Jane Austen’s quote, “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading”. 

9. “You Are A Writer” Book– $6.13

The best way to become a better writer is by reading, and what could be better than a book about being a better writer? 

10. Antique Book Scented Candle– $14.25

What better way to set the mood for your writing then to light a candle with the scent of antique books? 

Laura Wagner

Gettysburg '21

Laura is a sophomore at Gettysburg College where she plans to major in English with a writing concentration. She loves spoken word and classic poetry (particularly Emily Dickinson!), tennis, and spending time with her puppy. She is also passionate about social activism, intersectional feminism, and mental health advocacy.