She’s here to take the crown. Homecoming Spotlight, Jasmyn Cornell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Hear her roar and hear her shout she is Jasmyn Cornell coming all the way from Augusta, Ga to run for your Georgia Southern 2016 Homecoming queen.

Jasmyn is a senior marketing in Theater and Journalism with a minor in Music. Jasmyn puts thought into everything she does and her major is definitely no different. Choosing her majors to enhance her public speaking and acting skills she attributed that to her love of dance and music. She says that “Taking theatrical classes has allowed me to express myself creatively, build meaningful relationships, and work with many diverse groups of people.”

Of course she has had many opportunities to work with different diverse groups through her involvement on campus. Jasmyn is a member of 100 Collegiate Woman of America, Woman of Worth, Phi Eta Sigma, and the International Dean’s Society. She hopes to continue to use her involvement to demonstrate her passion for Jesus Christ, community service, health and wellness and the arts. Not only does she demonstrate these things while she is with an organization but she demonstrates these things in her free time as well. Jasmyn engages in community service and reads daily devotionals or the bible. She can also be caught giving healthy alternative tips to friends and encouraging them to workout with her.

Jasmyn has been influenced by her role model, which is her mother. She sees her mother as a, “God-fearing phenomenal woman who has achieved all of her goals.” She goes on to say that her mother has “instilled in me the morals that I live by today. She continues to influence my decisions and encourages me to set my goals high while maintaining my faith in God when I encounter obstacles.”

Fun facts about Jasmyn:

·         She has been a background actress in Oprah Winfrey’s “Selma” and Adam Sandler’s “The Do Over.”

·         She has had a minor speaking role in an upcoming film called the” Lake House.”

·         She aspires to land a major acting role and establish a non-profit organization.

·         She holds the title of Miss Black and Gold 2015 from the Xi Tau Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated scholarship pageant.

Jasmyn wants you to know that she is thankful to be a candidate for Homecoming Queen 2016. She also wants to send a huge thanks to everyone who voted for her and the Golden Ticket.

“Be the change you wish to see in the world.”-Mahatma Gandhi

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” –Philippians 4:13

-E

Elena Yeargan

Georgia Southern '18

E. GATA. Senior Education Major. President of the Georgia Southern Chapter "Lead with integrity."-Unknown
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.