Naomi Harris: Creator, Entrepreneur, Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Naomi Harris is a sophomore here at Georgia Southern, originally from Allentown, Pennsylvania. She is majoring in Management with a concentration in Human Resources.

While at Georgia Southern, Naomi is quite involved around campus. She is a member of Gamma Sigma Sigma National Service Sorority, Incorporated. She is also involved with Eagle Executive Society, Residence Hall Association and manages to take time out to volunteer.

One thing Naomi mentioned she enjoys doing, besides hanging out with friends and attending various local events, is thrift shopping. “I’ll go to Goodwill or The Salvation Army and show out!”, she says. We love a deal, sis.

Favorite Quote of Naomi’s: “Faith without work is dead.”

A graduation cap designed by Naomi. 

If you did not know already, Naomi is an extremely talented artist who has been drawing since elementary school. Since then, she has taken her talents to Georgia Southern by showcasing and selling some of her art. She finds painting and drawing relaxing and a great source of extra income.

What would you tell someone who is looking to start their own business using their talents, but may be a little hesitant?

“For anyone looking to start their own business, my best advice is to just do it. Stop making excuses and take that leap of faith.” – Naomi H.

Fun Facts About Naomi:

• Favorite Song at the Moment: Skywalker by Miguel
  • Chick Fil A or Zaxby’s: Chick Fil A
  • Best purchase you’ve made this year: Jewelry from The Mae Boutique
  • Favorite Current Fashion Trend: “I just know I like older looking things and men in suits.” (LOL, us too, Naomi.)

“The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.”

Naomi is very friendly and awesome all over. If you see her on campus, be sure to speak and let her know you saw her feature! Keep up with Naomi on Instagram @nay_dopee and her art page, also on Instagram, @nay_dopee2.0.

I'm either at home writing or sitting at the nearest Starbucks. Writer. Poet. Womanist. PR Girl 
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.