Movie Review: Happy Death Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Happy Death Day:

A hilarious thriller involving a college girl constantly repeating her birthday. Of course that sounds great but, not when you are killed on your birthday! A girl with a bitchy attitude is forced to relive her what she thought was the best day of her life in order to find her killer and get to them before they get to her. Tree (the main character) is extremely self-centered and on her birthday wakes up with a random guy lying next to her. As she continues her day she begins to feel as if she has done this all before and is experience an extreme case of Deja-vu. She discovers that this insane mask killer takes her life in a eerie and sickening attack and BOOM she is somehow back in the boy’s bed alive, well, and completely unharmed. An extreme time laps where she can not escape until she find her killer. You will never guess who her alleged killer is. 

Ratings:

Rotten Tomatoes: 71%

IMDb: 6.6/10

Metacritic: 57

Common Sense Media: 3 out of 5 stars

Catch this funny thriller at a theater near you!

Nia Jean-Pierre

Georgia Southern

I am an Atlanta native and I am very social once you get to know me. I am an Early-Childhood Education major at Georgia Southern University with a concentration in teaching grades 3-5 with intent of impacting their lives in the most positive way possible. I am often referred to as "not your average girl", I love to shop, hang out with my friends, and get my nails done, however I can play NBA2k on PlayStation all day as well. I thoroughly enjoy weekends at home watching Netflix and relaxing. I am a formal personal blogger with hopes of sharing my personal thoughts with the entire HerCampus community. "A lot of people resist transition and therefore never allow themselves to enjoy who they are. Embrace the change, no matter what it is; once you do, you can learn about the new world you're in and take advantage of it." - Nikki Giovanni
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.