Keep Calm & Stay Positive 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Stay Positive

This is VERY important when it comes to growth and becoming a better person.  Staying positive will not only bring positives into your life, but this positive energy can be felt by others. Try taking a negative and turning into a positive. You may not have gotten the job you wanted, but now you are able to learn and grow. You may have been destined for something bigger and better.

Love Yourself

I know that many of use have heard these words in songs and seen them on screensavers and posters. In order remain positive and grow in that direction, you must love yourself. Take the time to note what you love about yourself and embrace it. Say, “I love my curves”. Say, ”I love my kinky curly hair.” Acknowledge what you are good at. Tell yourself that you love you.

Take Care of Yourself

There are many things that can go under taking care of yourself. I’ll just stick to these three things – Mental, Physical, Spiritual. Take care of your mind. Remove negatives thoughts from your head by turning them into positives. Relax, do not stress over things that you cannot control. Work out. Work out. Work out. I can’t not underline how important it is to get a light workout it. Try yoga to ease you mind and see how quickly results come. Take a run on campus. Drink green tea in the morning to give yourself a mental boost for the day.

Do Things You Enjoy

We often get so caught up in work and school. This repetitive cycle can see un ending. We must remember to take the time to do something that we enjoy. Schedule in your daily routine an hour or so of you doing something that brings you joy. Whether it be knitting, watching your favorite show, shopping ect., don’t neglect the things you enjoy in life.

Kendra Cray

Georgia Southern

ΔΣΠ| hail southern | HC CA@hercampusgs| Style Guru Intern@cfashionista | You can have anything you want if you dress for it.♛| iBlog⇝CollegeGirlKendra.com  
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.