Keep Calm & Carry On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

I don’t know if this is the case for anyone else, but it always seems that when I reach a good place in life, someone always comes in trying to disrupt my peace. I mind my own business, do what I’m supposed to do, yet someone always finds some way to make me go “why?”.

What I recently realized is that I am being tested. I’m being tested and I’m going to continue being tested until I pass. 

In order to really grow, you have to tackle your character flaws. In my case, I tend to let people who shouldn’t get to me get to me. It just really irritates me when people speak on what they are ignorant about. I feel the need to defend myself and correct them. What I constantly have to keep reminding myself is that their opinions, their words, they are irrelevant to me and the great things I have coming my way. However, not responding is much easier said than done. 

We all feel that sense of satisfaction when we prove someone (especially someone we don’t care for) wrong, but we should find satisfaction just from the fact that we’re not wrong. Proving it is a bonus, but not always necessary. Not everything needs to be entertained and not everything requires a response. 

When good things are coming your way, so will distractions in many forms. Don’t get distracted. The people pushing you want you to lower yourself to their level because what they can’t stand is you being above them. Don’t give them the satisfaction. Remain calm and continue to be great. Self-discipline and self-control are your best friends.

Stay beautiful. Be educated. Dress Well. Get Money. Haute Sauce© Georgia Southern. Style & Lifestyle Blog: MyHauteSauce.com
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.