sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Ladies, oh my beautiful ladies must understand how to keep a guy from skipping town right? I’m here to extend an invitation to the male brain and to let out a few secrets on how we tend to think. Ladies as I go through these few categories, think to yourself “Do I do this?” Self-examination can be a pesky little thing, but it will help you in the long run with finding and keeping the perfect guy.

I’m sure we can all agree to that obviously some guys are stubborn and stupid, but guys are actually in touch with our feelings and take note of every little thing we don’t like. I mean every guy, no matter how tough or soft that outer protective shell may be are sensitive in such a way that causes us to abandon things we don’t like. We tend to get irritated more so angry over small things. With that being said, guys would rather up and leave than try to keep waiting around to see if what irritates them will change. Let me breakdown a few things for clarity. 

Ms. Independent vs Needy Nancy   Tread lightly here ladies, as this is a very thin line. A guy wants to feel wanted but not like your father and a guy also wants his woman to be able to fend for herself but not so self-righteous to where he feels emasculated.

Needy Nancy loves to ask for any and everything. From “Can you get me something to drink” after she just leaves the kitchen or the infamous “I’m bored, come play/talk to me” and we (guys) must drop everything and come or there will be an issue sooner or later. Guys don’t want do babysit or feel uneasy thinking about what is she about to ask next, we just want to enjoy the adorable face we yearn for.

Ms. Independent where are you? She is too busy putting that “S” on her chest. Taraji P. Henson’s character in the movie Think Like a Man is a prime example here, will you miss out on your perfect mate because you’re too busy trying to be perfect! Making a man feel like less of a man is a surefire to get him to tell you “adios”, you might as well open the door for him as he leaves.

Sharing is caring     Ladies try to get into a guy’s interest, it shows a lot of about your character. I’m sure you’ve had a guy watch Bad Girls Club, Scandal, Love & Hip-hop, Teen Mom or countless other shows that he doesn’t have any interest in but he cares about you enough to do so. Ladies is it so hard to watch some sports, his favorite cartoon or a karate movie a few times? If you can’t make a simple sacrifice as such then believe me, those texts and phone calls will cease and desist swiftly.

Well, look at the time ladies, things were about to get juicy but you all will have to wait for part two. Hopefully, there won’t be any guys lost by then. I bid the adieu.

Kyle King

Georgia Southern

Senior at Georgia Southern University, mass communcations major. Let's have some fun! #Taurus #CarolinaPanthers 
Ayanna Gant

Georgia Southern

Hi! I am Ayanna and I am the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Georgia Southern. I am a junior Public Relations major with a minor in Marketing. I hope to one day pursue a career in the sports and entertainment field of public relations!