Homecoming Duke and Duchess

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

It has finally ended. The smoke has cleared and the candy is saved until Halloween. That is right homecoming is over! You might be wondering who made it to the end and is now representing Georgia Southern? Well HerCampus has the exclusive for you. We were lucky enough to interview three out of the 4 candidates and we are proud to have their interviews up here.

Starting off with Ms. Kaitlin Kidwell:

HerCampus: What Organizations are you involved with?

Kaitlin Kidwell: SGA Vice-president of finance, Kappa Delta Vice-president of operations, and the Political Science club secretary

HC: What is your major and what do you want to do with it?

KK: Political Science minor business, I am considering potentially going to law school, but I know I want to work in the government in policy change.

HC: What is your most memorable moment at GSU?

KK: Definitely the SGA retreat, we had a night where we played water gun captor the flag in sweetheart and it was so much fun it has stuck with me.

HC: Where are you from?

KK: Suwanee, but originally from New Jersey. Stewartsville in central jersey if anyone knows where that is.

HC: Why are you running?

KK: I am running because I wanted to get SGA’s name out more, it wasn’t for me personally but for the organization. Winning doesn’t matter if I can get a greater platform to reach the community.

HC: Who is your role model and why?

KK: Both my parents are, I feel like they are both such selfless leaders especially in my community they are always helping people and I strive to be more like them.

HC: What would your advice be to freshman girls?

KK: Two things for one, when you come to college don’t be worried about being popular, it is about finding who you are and making lifelong friends and finding substance in life. And definitely get involved early, you’ll get so much more that way. 

And introducing our Duke Mr. DiArron Morrison:

HC: What organizations are you involved with?

DiArron Morrison: Student Government Association, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., National Pan-Hellenic Council, and Society of Communication Scholars.

DM: I am a General Studies Major. I want to attend Divinity School following graduation. There is no religious study major here so the most common thing for people in my shoes to do is be General Studies with an emphasis on religious studies. I would like to be a college Chaplin.

DM: My most memorable moment at GSU was my probate. So much joy associated with being initiated into my fraternity. Though I know that that is not the whole of my being, it’s still a great point of pride for me.

HC: Where are you from?

DM: New Orleans, Louisiana (Graduated from Dunwoody High School in Dunwoody, Ga)

HC: Why are you running?

DM: I’m running because I love GSU and I want to redefine what it means to be Homecoming Royalty. There is so much good that can be done with those titles and it’s high time that we start accomplishing some of this potential.

HC: Who is your role model and why?

DM: Jesus. Outside of the uber obvious reasons, he  is literally the most humble being to walk this Earth. Humility is something I strive to accomplish daily.

DM: In the word of Drake, “Know yourself, know your worth”. It’s tough to be a girl in America. There are so many forces from the left and right telling you that you can’t do something or reach your goals. Understand that you are fully capable of anything and anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.

Congrats to both of you and I know HC can’t wait to see what you will do with your titles! 

Heather Lana

Georgia Southern

International Studies and Public Relations Dual Degree. Chinese and I.T. Minor. Obsessed with Dr.Who, Blacklist,Bob's Burgers and food blogging. You can often find me in my apartment trying to turn into a burrito because burritos don't have to do homework, tests or finals.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.