Embrace Uncertainty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

If you’re like me, you like to be in control and have a plan for EVERYTHING. You find comfort in things going “according to planned” and you begin to get anxious when unexpected things happen. You even try to expect the unexpected and plan for it because you REALLY don’t like being caught unprepared. 

So, the thought of uncertainty genuinely terrifies you.

One thing that keeps me from being so quick to plan out every single detail is keeping in mind that some things may turn out even better than I could have imagined. Sometimes you have to force yourself to “see where things go”. Having everything planned out can limit you. 

Having a broad plan helps because you have some type of structure, but you’re open and flexible to change and unforeseen circumstances. Instead of planning out your whole life, plan out steps you want to take to reach your most recent goal. Stop trying to predict the future and focus on what you can do NOW. Plan for encounter obstacles and unfortunate occurances along your journey.

Things are going to happen that don’t “fit” in your plan and you may be confused as to why they’re happening. Remember that everything happens for a reason. Every experience has a place in your story. “Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.”

Stay beautiful. Be educated. Dress Well. Get Money. Haute Sauce© Georgia Southern. Style & Lifestyle Blog: MyHauteSauce.com
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.