This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

College is great, you basically have free reign to do whatever you want. As amazing as college is, there are a couple of things that people don’t tell you; the less glamorous parts of college life. Most freshman have a meal plan, but many students, myself included, decide to opt out of the meal plan once they reach their sophomore year. Being able to make my own meals is cool and all, but it’s not as easy or fun when I have class, meetings, obligations, and all of the other things that come with being a college student. If you feel like you don’t have enough time to cook dinner during the week, then it’s time for you to figure out what your go-to meal is going to be. Living on my own has forced me to figure mine out, and I’m going to share it with you, and I guarantee that it doesn’t get much easier than this!

What you’ll need:

Chicken (any part of the chicken works, and any type of chicken—boneless or bone in—works)

Salt

Pepper

Garlic powder                                                                                                          

Tony Chachere Creole seasoning

1 Onion

1 Bell Pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees

2. While the oven is preheating, you’re going to season your chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Tony Chachere Creole Seasoning (to taste)

3. Oil your baking pan and put the seasoned chicken on it

4. Cut up the onion and bell pepper and season them both with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Tony Chachere Creole seasoning; put them on the same baking pan as the chicken

5. Cover the food with aluminum foil, and pop in the oven

6. Let cook for 30-35 minutes or until brown

7. Eat up!

This meal goes well with either rice or potatoes, two things that are super easy to make! This dish isn’t extravagant, it doesn’t take much to make, it doesn’t take long, but most importantly, it tastes really good! This week, if you need something quick and easy to make for dinner, give this one a try!  

Nailah Mitnaul

Georgia Southern

Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.