All in One Dinner: Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Anyone who know me knows I love to cook. I love trying new recipes and putting spins on old ones. This one is a combination of a Pinterest recipes, a Facebook post, and my own twists. It’s easy, cheap, healthy, and refrigerator friendly (they taste better the next day in my opinion).

Ingredients:

• 2 bell peppers (I prefer yellow because they’re sweeter but I used green here because they were cheaper)
  • ½ cup of chopped onions
  • 1 can of Rotel (drained)
  • 1 can of corn (drained)
  • 1 pack of Taco seasoning
  • ½ pound of ground beef, turkey or pork (you could even use a can of black beans to make this a vegetarian meal)
  • 1 cup of cooked rice
  •  1 ½ cups of Mexican blend cheese (separated)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Wash and cut your bell peppers in half and lay them (cut side down) on a greased, nonstick baking pan. Put them in the oven while preheating but once the preheating has ended make sure to take them out the oven and set them aside. Leave oven on
  3. In a large skillet skillet add olive oil, protein, and onions and cook on medium heat until browned.
  4. Turn down heat and add corn, rice, and rotel. Turn so that mixture is even distributed.
  5. Add half the package of taco seasoning (set remainder to the side) and turn.
  6. Add one cup of cheese to the mixture and turn.
  7. Once the ingredients have been blended evenly turn off the heat.
  8. Turn your bell peppers cut side up and fill them with the rice mixture.
  9. Sprinkle with additional taco seasoning and top with remaining cheese.
  10. Bake for 20 minutes

*any remaining rice mixture can be frozen and used at a later date

All together this meal takes 30 minute or less and you hit all the food groups!

Nakia Woodley

Georgia Southern

Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.