This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

I want to run-up on Eve when I see her in heaven because she is the reason why every female has to go through this 3-7 day downward spiral called a period every single month. Even though I am close to 24 and I’ve been dealing with it for over a decade, it still the worst part of the month.

Every day is something different, but for the most part, you can pretty much tell what is going to happen. At first, it’s like a small flow, nothing too serious but as the days go by, it gets worse and worse. You go from happy to sad, to destructive and back within your period time. Indecisive on what you want and emotional when you don’t get it is what I deal with personally.

It’s like everyone is annoying as hell when you are on your period as well. Like the way you breathe irks my entire soul. You can smell just like fresh fruit and it would just irritate my life. I know I sound so negative, but that’s literally just one hour of the day that I go through. Some days are ok. You have to remind yourself to have a good day and to not let this bother you.  You take some medication and drink it with ginger ale (yes it is a medicine) and go about your day.

Don’t even get me started on tampons and pads. Like we have to wear these things to make sure we don’t leak. How weird does that sound and then on top of that, we have these idiots trying to tax them. Like sir, do you not understand the type of hell that you are about to catch with this foolery that you decided was a good idea. THINK!!! Or when I guy questions if you are on your period because your mood has changed. UGH, would it really matter if it is? DEAL WITH IT

Those who take some sort of birth control to stop their periods or to decrease them are some of the smartest in the world. They figured out a way to be happy all through the month. Just know that not every type of medication will work for everyone, but it doesn’t hurt to try.

3-7 days of hell is what we deal with every month, but hey it is what it is.

Taisha White

Georgia Southern

Taisha White 23 Georgia Southern University Senior Multimedia Journalism Major Just trying to make my dreams come true
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.