Update Your Fall Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Between dodging sick roommates and finding the best homecoming parties and tailgates, you may have realized you forgot to prep a few things before heading back to school this year.

Luckily, HC has you covered on all the essentials you need to survive the changing seasons.  

Perfect For Your Sunday Mornings

Becky Simpson – “The Roommate Book”

This book is a shoutout to all the freshman who struck out on CHARMS. Even those living with their new bestie can attest that their roommate’s annoying tendencies could lead them to crashing at a friend’s more often than they’ll actually admit. The Roommate Book guides you through the difficulty of navigating college life by answering important questions like: “Should I eat this without asking?” Becky Simpson uses her wit and hilarious hypotheticals to help you center yourself with a few laughs.

Andrews McMeel and Sarah Andersen – “Adulthood is a Myth”

The struggle is as real as this book is relatable. Those Lau 2 moments when you’re on your fourth cup of Corp coffee will definitely come to mind as you read “Adulthood is a Myth”. The tales of Sarah’s college struggles will remind you that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, despite having those 4 loads of laundry that still need to get done, along with the two papers you need to write after your “Narcos” marathon.

CamelBak – Forge Divide Mug

The only thing worse than not having coffee (or tea!) in the morning is having your coffee cold. Grabbing a solid insulated mug that has a lifetime guarantee is a step in the right direction. Safe money by bringing your own coffee, and reduce the amount of unnecessary waste going to landfills. It’s a win, win, win.

Fashion Essentials

Flying Colors Apparel – Koozies While you going through your Georgetown gear on Homecoming, you might have noticed you didn’t have enough GU flirty-fun clothing for the parties. With Flying Colors Apparel, you’re instagram will shine with great fashionable designs that will just bleed blue and gray! With Parent’s Weekend around the corner, you should check out some of the gear for parents and alums too.

Freeman Beauty – Avocado/Oatmeal Clay Mask, Feeling Beautiful Cucumber Peel Off Mask, Feeling Beautiful Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask and Feeling Beautiful Apple Cider Vinegar 4-in-1 Foaming Clay

Nothing feels better than some TLC. These masks leave your skin feeling so great. Is it a splurge? Not when you need some me-time! My personal fav is the “Feeling Beautiful Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask”, especially since I can use it to scare my roommates ;)

L’eggs – Sheer Energy Sheer Panty Medium Support If you haven’t noticed, recruiting season came early for some of you. Having a couple of reliable panties should not be an added stress during this hectic time.

Maidenform – Maidenform Love the Lift® Push Up & In Satin Demi Bra OR Maidenform Love the Lift® Push Up & In Lace Demi Bra Nothing says confidence like a girl with a comfortable bra. It’s the little things that matter.

Juicy Couture – I ♥ JUICY COUTURE Fragrance Sample

I’m pretty sure DJ Khaled mentioned that one of the keys of success is smelling good.   

Rimmel London – 24HR Supercurler Mascara, Colour Precise Eyeliner and The Only 1 Lipstick When you wake up 10 minutes before class, it might be a great idea to throw on those reliable products that help you look (and feel) alive. Might we suggest the 24 HR Supercurler Mascara, Colour Precise eyeliner, and the Rimmel Only 1 Lipstick?

The Major Little Things

Wearsafe – Wearsafe Adventure Box, including Wearsafe Tags and 6 months of Wearsafe service

Planning to go on a solo trip but feel nervous about going alone?  The Wearsafe Tag is the only personal safety button that instantly connects you to the people who know and love you the most, giving them both your location and valuable context about what’s happening through a continuous audio stream. With a private group chat, the people in your network can also communicate with each other to quickly decide how to get you the right help, right away. Wearsafe is all about living adventures with a peace of mind: One lucky winner and a friend will receive an all-expenses paid adventure of a lifetime. You pick the trip, we’ll pick up the tab! Enter to win at wearsafe.com/adventure.

Monistat – MONISTAT Complete Care Instant Itch Relief Cream More than half – 53% – of young women say they don’t know how to deal with a yeast infection and two out of three women (66%) don’t know it can be cured with an over-the-counter treatment. In many cases, yeast infections areas easily treatable as they are common. MONISTAT® has prescription strength without the prescription and is #1 Doctor Recommended OTC yeast infection treatment

The DivaCup – The DivaCup Model 1

The DivaCup is a reusable, bell-shaped menstrual cup that is worn internally, collecting rather than absorbing menstrual flow and offering women more convenience, confidence and flexibility. Easy-to-use and comfortable, The DivaCup provides up to 12 hours of leak-free protection all-day and overnight, making it a perfect choice for any activity. Visit our website or watch our YouTube videos for some great tips and tricks on how to use The DivaCup!

Kimberly is an undergraduate at Georgetown University. Her work revolves around social enterprise and programming to support minority students in high school and college. When she's not performing on stage, you'll find her on the field with a bow and arrow at hand.