This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

It’s officially fall, and we’ve made it a third of the way through the semester, which means we ought to congratulate ourselves for all of our hard work with a (mini) wardrobe makeover. It’s time to trade in those cutoff shorts and sandals for some nice new jeans and boots. But being that we’re all smart, rational young women, let’s be economical about this little shopping spree. Here is a list of essential clothes, shoes, and accessories that will never have to be put into storage!

Motorcycle Boots

These instantly make any outfit look edgier and chicer and can be paired with anything from leather pants to flowy dresses.

Splurge: Fiorentini + Baker Eli Boot

Save: Madewell The Biker Boot

Skinny Jeans

It’s really no surprise these are on the list. The definition of a necessity, skinny jeans are always trendy and always appropriate.

Splurge: Rag & Bone/JEAN Skinny Jeans in Kensington

Save: Abercrombie & Fitch Super Skinny Ankle Jeans in Dark Wash

[pagebreak]

White T-Shirt

Another classic. The perfect white-t is a must have for anyone as it can be dressed both up and down.

Splurge: T by Alexander Wang Classic T Shirt with Pocket

Save: Old Navy Women’s Perfect Crew-Neck Tee

Little Black Dress

No duh. The little black dress will always be a staple in every girl’s closet. Pair it with boots or flats for a simple daytime look and then heels and jewelry for a stylish night out.

Splurge: alice + olivia Monah Sleeveless A Line Dress

Save: Brandy Melville Lo Dress

Circle Scarf

Talk about multitasking. A great scarf can take your outfit to a whole other level and keep you cozy at the same time!

Splurge: Adrienne Landau Fur Collar Muff

Save: Paula Bianco Wrap Scraf