Breaking the Bubble: Five Things To Do This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

So we all know that there is a ton of stuff going on at Georgetown. But what about events outside of the bubble? Read this column every week to get the scoop on the five things going on that we think is worth getting off campus for.

1. We Were Promised Jetpacks @ 9:30

Scottish indie rock band We Were Promised Jetpacks will be at 9:30 club on Wednesday. As a bonus, The Twilight Sad, a Scottish post-punk band, will be opening. You will definitely be in for an intense show.

2. Cranksgiving Food Drive

Love to bike? Well why not help out at the Cranksgiving Food Drive. Participants will be biking around DC raising awareness for autism and collecting food on November 22.

3. W. Kamau Bell @ Sixth and I

Socio-political stand-up comedian W. Kamau Bell is at Sixth and I on November 22. Bell previously hosted a show called Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell on FXX.

4. Fashion Meets Health Holiday Edition

Enjoy spa treatments, live music, and free samples at this expo held on Sunday, November 23. Also, this event is free.

5. Mythbusters – Behind the Myth

Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage are coming to D.C. to perform two shows on November 23. Watch them to cool on-stage experiments, hear behind-the-scenes stories- and join Jamie and Adam on stage.

Sarah Guan

Georgetown

Lacey Henry

Georgetown