This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Fringe experienced some support when it came back last year, but this year its full on with several New York Fashion Week designers showcasing this trend on the runway. But don’t worry; there are many ways to jump on this trend without looking like a Coachella wannabe. Whether you want to go all out fringe, or just to add a little detail to your outfit, here are 5 ways to wear this trend in a modern way.

1. Shoes

Fringe does not have to overpower your shoes – just a little accent will do the trick.

2. Jacket

Leather jackets are still in, so why not combine with it the fringe trend?

3. Bag

Whether you’re rocking a clutch or a satchel, the fringe adds the perfect touch to add some flare to your everyday look.

4. Skirt

If you really want to go all out, an exaggerated swingy skirt is the way to go. Pair it with a simple top to keep it a modern look.

5. Cardigan

Fringe is a great accent for the classic cardigan. Layer this cardigan over any look to add more dimensions.  

Victoria is a senior at Georgetown University studying Psychology. She is a self proclaimed Pinterest enthusiast and health nut, who also enjoys running, yoga, baking, and anything outdoors.